• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

386340.3.png

Doesn't matter what the format is whenever Stokes isn't in the team I look at the tail and whince

Would have potentially been better balanced to use Lawrence as the spinner and play a batter instead of Bashir

Would have potentially been better balanced to use Lawrence as the spinner and play a batter instead of Bashir
I thought that's what we'd do, especially with all the noise in the press about Cox being purely Bazball. I'll not go into whether I think that's a good thing or not

I'd have played Cox as well, though SL's strength appears to be their batting, they have several players who average over 40 in Test cricket, so maybe that's informed the selection.

Going to rain a lot on Thursday and Friday by the look of it.

Much swearing in the corridors of Old Trafford as Sri Lanka choose to bat

6/2 off 6 overs

Maybe somewhat undercooked coming into this test...

Missed most of the morning, some unplayable deliveries and some poor shots seems to be the order of the day.

112/7.

Edit: Chalked off and 112/6 as Atkinson had already bowled two bouncers for the over.

Just gets him out pitching it up instead.

113/7.

Rocky Flintoff is making his first class debut for Lancashire v Surrey today. At 16 he's a year younger than when his dad made his debut.

Rocky Flintoff is making his first class debut for Lancashire v Surrey today. At 16 he's a year younger than when his dad made his debut.
Out for 32 first ball after lunch.

Adam Collins who I like for an Aussie thinks he'd be our 2nd best batsman behind Root straight away. From what I read he plays properly though, so doesn't need anyone to try and change his game with our give your wicket away cavalier school of Test cricket.
I think he was right.

Dan Norcross was championing him last summer to be in the squad for the next Ashes series but I partly dismissed it due to his Surrey bias.
He looks the real deal and makes everything look uncomplicated.

That should be the keeper nailed down for the next 5+ years easily.

I do feel a bit for Foakes but he simply can't play that kind of innings at international level.

Yeah that was a lovely knock from Smith.

Great to have him coming in at 7 as well in regular circumstances.

Wood is great value with the bat, never going to last long but it's fun while he does.

122 lead.

I don't imagine we'll be chasing many more than 200 in the fourth innings.

Back