• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

He was very special on his day. Always wonder the player he’d have been if he’d been more committed to his fitness when he was still playing.

I saw a new programme of his being advertised the other day and I hadn’t quite realised the mess that his top gear crash had caused.
Different era of course. I think he was a much better bowler than his final figures suggest, but his batting pretty much was what it was. Stokes is a far better batsman than he ever was.

Stokes knacked playing The Hundred

Not a fan, but the online blaming is bizarre, he should be playing for his county or his country if we didn't step aside for this charade, he could have got injured doing that. The Hundred has many ills, Stokes getting injured playing in it isn't one.

Yeah, I'm not in that boat, was just reporting the news on this occasion as I doubt many were watching (I wasn't either but got told).

I imagine it'll just be Cox in at 6 and Lawrence (has been main spinner for Surrey all season) and Root will bowl more than they otherwise would have done.

Jumped in front of a train :(

I've been in those incredibly low moments and to be honest sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive. I got lucky, I got better (within reason). Some people just don't.

So horrendously tragic.

Jumped in front of a train :(

I've been in those incredibly low moments and to be honest sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive. I got lucky, I got better (within reason). Some people just don't.

So horrendously tragic.
It's great to see you happier and more positive these days (if thats the right terminology)
As for Thorpe, most of us can't imagine what he went through to take such action.

I can only tell you how I felt (or how I remember how I felt). I knew that people loved me, I knew that people valued me but it just didn't register. All I could hear were the internal voices telling me it was all over and in the long run it'd be better for everyone if I were gone and at least I wouldn't be in pain any more.

It's totally irrational stuff and you block out any and all positive stuff because it's not what your mind (my bipolar mind in my case, I don't know what Graham specifically had, there are many different shit flavours of this disease) wants to hear.

I'm not being overly dramatic when I say it was a toss of a coin, more than once. Now I know now in the cold light of day, when I've got the right medication, the right mindset, the right lifestyle, the right behaviours and the right company around me, how awful it would have been if I'd done it. The ultimate permanent solution to a temporary problem. But living with it is absolute hell, I can promise you.

His family seem vocal in hoping that some good can come out of such a tragedy, that people who are struggling go and seek help, which takes incredible strength on their part.

Strauss and Key need to go before they fuck English cricket good and proper all just to brownnose their BCCI paymasters

Back