• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Another superb Pope review.

Fucking hell, just do the opposite of what you actually think. It'll improve matters.

Rehan Ahmed’s 16 year old brother Farhan has a 6-fer on debut (6-139 but still)

I know that Michael Vaughan isn't liked on here but there was good piece on TMS on the young England talent yesterday and his insight due to his son made it all the more enlightening. Farhan got a mention as a class act along with Joe Moores (nephew of Peter) and Thomas Rew the brother of James. He mentioned a talented quick who is on Worcester's books too but his name escpaes me.

I know that Michael Vaughan isn't liked on here but there was good piece on TMS on the young England talent yesterday and his insight due to his son made it all the more enlightening. Farhan got a mention as a class act along with Joe Moores (nephew of Peter) and Thomas Rew the brother of James. He mentioned a talented quick who is on Worcester's books too but his name escpaes me.
It highlights that cricket has gone all public schoolboy nepotism and it's a real problem.

The days of Flintoff and Wood coming from relatively rough housing estates and playing for England will sadly be over soon thanks to the weapons in charge at the ECB.

Vaughan is one of the biggest arseholes on the planet. A genuinely unpleasant man.

It highlights that cricket has gone all public schoolboy nepotism and it's a real problem.

The days of Flintoff and Wood coming from relatively rough housing estates and playing for England will sadly be over soon thanks to the weapons in charge at the ECB.
I mean it's a wider problem, state schools struggled to provide cricketing facilities when I was growing up, and that's a long time ago now. It's got a lot worse since.

The likes of Mo and Rash are doing some fantastic work in setting up Academies themselves to help kids from similar backgrounds. Mo himself has said that he's nowhere near the best cricketer in the world so there must be loads of players even better than him that are just getting lost.

Jack Home - I’ve only seen him on YouTube live streams, he’s quick but very raw. Played in the 50 overs stuff, mainly because Worcs had four or five first team bowlers injured, and got a few wickets

Bowled SL out before the follow on target but I imagine we'll bat again.

Lawrence gone and a very difficult one to judge. I'd have liked to have seen hot spot on that.

I think he hit it.

He's managed to kill his own Test career in this series, an unfamiliar berth to open but he doesn't look anywhere near good enough much as he didn't in his last spell in the team.

Jack Home - I’ve only seen him on YouTube live streams, he’s quick but very raw. Played in the 50 overs stuff, mainly because Worcs had four or five first team bowlers injured, and got a few wickets
I know him as he's local and has a good brother as well. Been playing along with Harry Darley so good to still see the Shropshire youngsters having a pathway to senior cricket. Shame they have to leave Worcs to progress further.

What's the deal with crowd today?

Ticketmaster or Jeff in charge of the tickets

Another convincing win. Great performances by Atkinson and Root. Joint MOM I reckon.

Benchmarked against an Ashes series?

Back