• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

When does the FFP stuff come out? Don’t clubs have to submit some kind of preliminary document to EFL at end of May to show they complied before the official accounts next year?

And will this info become common knowledge so that we can see exactly where Wolves stood, and where Villa will stand?

They have to submit a financial statement in March for that year. I’m guessing the information is kept in house.

Villa will have been okay as they are allowed to lose £35m for every year in the PL, so for the current season they were allowed to lose £61m for the three year period. Along with dropping parachute payments their allowance will drop to £39m. Based on those two factors alone they’ll need to raise £37m next season to comply.

They have to submit a financial statement in March for that year. I’m guessing the information is kept in house.

Villa will have been okay as they are allowed to lose £35m for every year in the PL, so for the current season they were allowed to lose £61m for the three year period. Along with dropping parachute payments their allowance will drop to £39m. Based on those two factors alone they’ll need to raise £37m next season to comply.

What are the likely penalties in this situation?

If they were £37m short a points deduction or a transfer embargo or something else?

Fine and transfer embargo are the first things you get.

Points deduction is also within their power now. Whether the EFL will action it is another thing entirely.

Well work this morning has been VERY interesting :icon_lol:

The optimism from last week has been replaced with wall to wall doom and dread - I haven't done any crowing but hearing what the Villa fans made of the game has been most interesting. Not a single one of them wants Bruce in charge next season.

I think they'll sell Grealish/Chester/Hourihane and just about scrape by financially tbh. The problem is that their squad next year will be a mix of kids, loanees, old men like Whelan & the crap that they can't shift on. Bruce has never had to work with a squad like that before and they can't afford to pay him off.

Well work this morning has been VERY interesting :icon_lol:

The optimism from last week has been replaced with wall to wall doom and dread - I haven't done any crowing but hearing what the Villa fans made of the game has been most interesting. Not a single one of them wants Bruce in charge next season.

Very similar here, guy who sits next to me went and was very unhappy with their setup - far too defensive and pretty much waiting for Fulham to make a mistake.

Feel a bit for them - their whole team is fucked and most Villa fans are not bitter nutcases like the webmongs and Dr Tony.

I do feel for the people here who support them because they're all decent people, but the likes of Wyness and Bruce have made it impossible for me to feel sad that they're stuck in the Championship.

They knew what they were getting though. They knew what kind of football Steve Bruce plays (and it's been amply demonstrated over the last 18 months), they knew they were playing a dangerous game with so many loanees and old players of zero value, it was this season or nothing.

If they couldn't be bothered building a safety net for if it all went wrong then tough, that's the club's fault.

the likes of Wyness and Bruce have made it impossible for me to feel sad that they're stuck in the Championship.

200w.gif

You've got two computers Keith, I don't even know what you use them for.

According to Swiss Ramble they need to find £45m in either savings or profits on the sale of players in order to stay within the FFP guidelines for 2018/2019.

I suggested they go for someone like Jordan Graham and got abused for it on Twitter.

Don't see why not. Young, cheap and proven to be effective at Champ level. If they can get his head right he could be a very useful signing.

They've binned Graham off once I suppose...

Talking to a rational villa fan here, he tells me he's heard Terry has already said his goodbyes, and Bruce has implied after the year he's had, that he could do with a break from football. Ground being laid for an exit perhaps? Could be a good thing.

In addition, the fella I was speaking to was unhappy at numerous youth players not getting opportunities. Apparently Bruce was reluctant to play young loanees, not just AVFC ones. In addition, Adomah ended on the wing as a result of injuries to everyone else -another fortuitous accident.

Terry won't be there next year - suspect that the MLS calls

They will have to play some of the youngsters which is not Bruce's pattern - would do well to change, but happy if they don't

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16585-villa-and-ffp/?page=21

Blind Faith:

I think ffp sounds worse than it actually is, there's no way Xia and Co haven't got a plan lined up to pass if we never got promoted.

Xia can **** off and sell the club if we are in a position where we are forced to sell grealish.

However, i'm very confident that the club have everything under control so no probs.

You would hope they have planned for the outcome of not getting promoted this season

Selling Grealish isn't an option and will not be happening this summer. The priority is still to go up, and he is by far the best player in the team by about 700%

Lets just cheat...

Surely another option would just to not worry about FFP and just take the fine when it comes. Just like Leicester and Bournemouth did

Leic and AFCB went up though.

Then...

I'm convinced now we have to sell Grealish. Maybe we can do it as part of a deal that we get him back on loan for a season or something - for me probably the best scenario.

:icon_biggrin: - who is going to do that?

Man U apparently...

I could stomach selling him to Man U for this, assuming we did absolutely have to sell him. Plus could negotiate for Johnstone and Axel again.

Most of them have no idea what is facing them, years of being in the Prem has made them arrogant and totally out of touch with reality.

FFP sanctions are only no problem if you go up - don't see them doing that so good luck with that approach AV

I think villa won't pay too much attention to the ffp regulations and just accept the fine & transfer embargo.

They'll let the more expensive contracts roll off and push some u23 players through.

I think that provided any new signings earn less than 75% of an outgoing player they can still bring players in. So they can still do somethings in the market. I'm not sure if this still counts for expired contracts though (say if they wanted to sign a free transfer after an current players contract expires).

They'll use it as a period of consolidation and bank on not getting a points deduction. That's the only thing that can really screw them up.

They'll spend a few seasons in the championship I reckon where their objective will be to break even so they can spunk a load more cash in the third season - once their finances are decent again

You can't just let years pass though and say "ah, it'll be grand in a while, sit tight".

Forest - 1999
Sheff Wed - 2000
Leeds - 2004

They're all clubs that I would say have equal claims to Villa on being a Big Club. Facing 15-20 years outside the top flight.

Back