• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

This is some crazy shit, seriously.

West Ham went down with Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe in 2003. Steer clear guys.

Let's agree to disagree! Our positions are opposite! I feel that we have tried using players from clubs who have been relegated and it has not worked out well. Our Mendes model looks to be more successful. If that means we get a !owe if young hungry port u geezers here rather than premier relegated cast offs I am all for it

Suppose we'll have to. Let's just hope none of the players Mendes sends us have ever been relegated...

This is some crazy $#@!, seriously.

West Ham went down with Joe Cole, Michael Carrick and Jermain Defoe in 2003. Steer clear guys.

You quote the team with the highest points total to be relegated in premier history

Do u really want 30 million Butland? 10m Shawcross? 10m Brunt? 3 million Crouch? 10m Shaquiri 30million Ayew brother s? I dont

You quote the team with the highest points total to be relegated in premier history

Do u really want 30 million Butland? 10m Shawcross? 10m Brunt? 3 million Crouch? 10m Shaquiri 30million Ayew brother s? I dont

No, because I either don't like them or don't think they're worth the money. Although I would take Mawson who is not on your list.

However I don't think you should brand someone a footballing leper because they got relegated. It's ridiculously binary.

No, because I either don't like them or don't think they're worth the money. Although I would take Mawson who is not on your list.

However I don't think you should brand someone a footballing leper because they got relegated. It's ridiculously binary.

Okay let's turn this the other way. Taking out West ham players who has been transferred from a relegated team and improved the new team? I am struggling

Ok, Roy Keane to Man Utd.

Next question.

Ok, Roy Keane to Man Utd.

Next question.

Cool. Show me a Roy Keane in the current Stoke WBA or Swansea squad ? Mawson is only a maybe. Better than Boly? Debateable. And keane was 25 years ago. Let's start thinking wolves 2018! This mob wants top 10 as a minimum and my guess is they will finance if to. I would be surprised if it includes players from relegated premier teams. It may include plenty of Portuguese players lol! Wonder why!

It's not about the players available right now, it's the fact you write off literally any player unfortunate enough to be relegated during their career which can be in spite of their ability.

If you were a Championship team in 2013 looking for a left-winger would you have gone for Sako, or not bother as he was relegated?

It's not about the players available right now, it's the fact you write off literally any player unfortunate enough to be relegated during their career which can be in spite of their ability.

If you were a Championship team in 2013 looking for a left-winger would you have gone for Sako, or not bother as he was relegated?

Not premier league. Different. Premier league players want to stay in that league periid. Different mentality outside that. And yes at this time and on this day players from the three teams relegated from them premier league are off my shopping list as hashtagheadsgone

Cool. Show me a Roy Keane in the current Stoke WBA or Swansea squad ? Mawson is only a maybe. Better than Boly? Debateable. And keane was 25 years ago. Let's start thinking wolves 2018! This mob wants top 10 as a minimum and my guess is they will finance if to. I would be surprised if it includes players from relegated premier teams. It may include plenty of Portuguese players lol! Wonder why!

I didn't say there was a Roy Keane there, I answered your question.

I'd take Mawson over Bennett or Batth, which is where the upgrade is required.

I didn't say there was a Roy Keane there, I answered your question.

I'd take Mawson over Bennett or Batth, which is where the upgrade is required.

Reluctantly Mawson is about the only player of the 90 squad in the bottom three teams that could do ok here. 1 in 90 is not the rule its the exception proving my point.

Not premier league. Different. Premier league players want to stay in that league periid. Different mentality outside that. And yes at this time and on this day players from the three teams relegated from them premier league are off my shopping list as hashtagheadsgone

Different how? We got relegated and lost a lot of games. This produces the losers mentality you talked about. Literally every footballer would rather be playing at a higher level so what's your point. Being relegated from the Championship/La Liga/Serie A etc. Is fine but from the Prem it is not? How does this relegation taint of yours work exactly, or is it just as and when you feel it is appropriate?

Also what if Swansea had stayed up? Would you then be wanting us to sign Mawson/Fabianski/Ayew brothers? Is Soares now more desirable to you as Soton stayed up, where if he had gone down would be a loser.

Reluctantly Mawson is about the only player of the 90 squad in the bottom three teams that could do ok here. 1 in 90 is not the rule its the exception proving my point.

But then we aren't just going to blindly go "Search by relegated teams -> he'll do", are we. No, I don't want Ryan Shawcross with his permanently knackered back or 88 year old Chris Brunt. But I will have some good players if they've got some. I don't give a shit if they've just gone down so long as they're good.

Different how? We got relegated and lost a lot of games. This produces the losers mentality you talked about. Literally every footballer would rather be playing at a higher level so what's your point. Being relegated from the Championship/La Liga/Serie A etc. Is fine but from the Prem it is not? How does this relegation taint of yours work exactly, or is it just as and when you feel it is appropriate?

Have you ever suffered a relegation at any level? How did it feel? How was your confidence the next season?

I moved clubs after relegatuon. To a different league in a different county. I moved again after promotion. No beating that. Then I was offered a conference contract that was a bit too serious for my mentality and I quit to become a ref. But 50% of football was played in my head and that's no different professional game! .

But then we aren't just going to blindly go "Search by relegated teams -> he'll do", are we. No, I don't want Ryan Shawcross with his permanently knackered back or 88 year old Chris Brunt. But I will have some good players if they've got some. I don't give a $#@! if they've just gone down so long as they're good.

Then you're not thinking psychologically. A lot of this game is played in the head. Hence why we have Fergisietime. Not real. A myth but it plays on the mind. Mourinho special one, plays on the mind Relegation can play in the mind. You have to look at it that way. Man u are not the second best team i England. Spurs, Chelsea or Liverpool are better. But the league and Mourinho hype show they are.

Good job Liverpool didn’t sign Wijnaldum after he went down with Newcastle, whoever would imagine him starting a Champions League final and finishing in the top four? Fucking loser.

I'd not be unhappy if we signed Moritz Bauer from Stoke. Right sided wing back who didn't look terrible and a clear upgrade on Doherty in my eyes... Is that 2 in 90 now?
I don't think anyone on here is saying we should sign a load of players from Stoke or Swansea and I don't see anyone in the Albion team I'd be interested in. It's about cherrypicking talent that improves on the players you have, improving the squad from the top rather than just buying squad filler which is where we made the mistakes in 2010 and beyond.
Doyle improved the starting XI as did Fletcher.
O'Hara played really well when on loan with us and everyone was delighted when we managed to sign him...Your claim that we signed him from a relegated club is wrong, however, We signed him from a team that had survived in the Premier League the season before he joined permanently, us! Relegated in 2010, joined us on loan from Spurs in 2011 and signed after he helped us stay up
Our mistakes during our last visit to the Premier League was that apart from the "big" signings, we signed a whole load of absolute shite!
2009/10; Doyle £6.5m, Zubar £2.5m, Milijas £2.2m, Halford £2m, Maierhofer £1.5m, Surman £1m plus some loans; Castillo, Mancienne, Guédioura and Bia with Hahnemann, free.
2010/11; Fletcher £6.5m, Hunt £2.9m, Van Damme £2.7m, Mouyokolo £2.5m, Guédioura £2m, Hammill £500k, Griffiths £150k; O'Hara, Mancienne and Bent on loan and Doherty for about £20k
2011/12; Johnson £7m, O'Hara £3.5, Egg Jónsson £200k, Frimpong and Bassong on loan and DeVries for free

Our problem with recruitment above, especially in the final year, isn't that we signed players who had been relegated but that we signed some UTTER SHIT! A couple of improvements and some rank squad filler. We won't be doing that this season but should still not be put off a good player because he has a relegation on his cv

We signed ohara from spurs but he had been on loan at relegated portsmouth. We signed Johnson from relegated birmingham. We signed Doyle from relegated reading. Fuck me if that's not a pattern i fucking give up lol! Not bitching but ........

Not sure what your point is, we know our history. We are now a totally different proposition with a different recruitment philosophy.

Good job Liverpool didn’t sign Wijnaldum after he went down with Newcastle, whoever would imagine him starting a Champions League final and finishing in the top four? Fucking loser.

Or Andrew Robertson from Hull who was arguably the best Liverpool player in the final.

I've never read such a load of bollocks about relegated players.

Back