• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Snodgrass, Grabban and Johnstone are all on loan.
They’re going to have to utilise their youth system and hope it works, personally I wouldn’t want Steve Bruce in charge during this period.

Absolutely sounds more delusional, Moose was had things pretty much spot on. Squad with one real re-sale asset and the rest either on loan or only wanted by championship clubs. Hogan, Kodjia, Chester, Hutton, Hourihane, Lansbury, El Mohamedy and Jedinak.
All decent at this level but even if I was Cardiff there’s not one there I’d pay good money for, if I did fancy one of them I’d certainly want less than what Villa payed.
Villa still have McCormack on their books to.

How many of them do you need to sell to get to £38m?

We all know Saunders is deeply stupid. He can't help that. But why does he have to be such a charmless, obnoxious prick as well?

Imagine having to work with that every single day.

How many of them do you need to sell to get to £38m?

Grealish would be the big lump of it. He probably goes for £20m and all of that counts

If they sell Kodjia, then it is a bit murkier. His value at transfer (£15m inc add-ons) is amortised across his four-year contract, so you would have to deduct the unamortised value from the sale price for FFP purposes. So, let's say they make their money back and sell for £15m (which is pretty optimistic), then you have to take off £7.5m from the value, leaving merely £7.5m to count for these purposes.

Chester and Hourihane would have the same issues.

The basic conclusion would be that they need to sell all of that list to clear £38m. And that is assuming that the players are willing to go when they are on bigger contracts at Villa than they would be likely to get at most destination clubs. It is better for them to sit at Villa and claim the money - see Richards, Micah.

If he’s getting paid more than minimum wage to go on there he is stealing a living.

Grealish would be the big lump of it. He probably goes for £20m and all of that counts

If they sell Kodjia, then it is a bit murkier. His value at transfer (£15m inc add-ons) is amortised across his four-year contract, so you would have to deduct the unamortised value from the sale price for FFP purposes. So, let's say they make their money back and sell for £15m (which is pretty optimistic), then you have to take off £7.5m from the value, leaving merely £7.5m to count for these purposes.

Chester and Hourihane would have the same issues.

The basic conclusion would be that they need to sell all of that list to clear £38m. And that is assuming that the players are willing to go when they are on bigger contracts at Villa than they would be likely to get at most destination clubs. It is better for them to sit at Villa and claim the money - see Richards, Micah.

Realistically they’ll get a maximum of £8m each for both Hogan and Kodjia, which will give them very little positive position.

Selling Grealish is their only chance and then still they’ll need to slash their wage bill.

They have to sell Grealish. I can't see any way that they can comply without it. A sale and lease back on bodymoor Heath isn't going to generate a lot as the asset is devalued by the fact that HS2 is going to bulldoze a chunk of it.

I'd take grealish but I think he'll go to Leicester once they've sold Mahrez

I did not realise how bad things were at Aston Villa. I presume that John Terry will be released, and Grealish will have to be sold. Though clubs interested in Grealish will offer a lower fee knowing Villa have to sell him.

Grealish wouldn't get in our side, he can't play in a midfield two.

I think beyond Grealish they’ll struggle to fetch anywhere near what they’d expect for the likes of Kodjia, Hogan, Chester etc. Who’s going to want them for starters?

I did not realise how bad things were at Aston Villa. I presume that John Terry will be released, and Grealish will have to be sold. Though clubs interested in Grealish will offer a lower fee knowing Villa have to sell him.

Shades of when we bought Neves from porto

...but he can't play in a two. It's not about
whether he's a better player than N'Diaye, it's that he couldn't play in our formation

He'd be competing with Jota, Costa and Cav and I don't think he's better than any of them.

He'd be competing with Jota, Costa and Cav and I don't think he's better than any of them.

Yep, I think he could play in our formation but there's no way he'd be above any of our current players.

His success this year has been with more of a free role than as a wide player. I'd imagine he'd want to continue there

We don’t exactly play with wide players, but you’d be looking to spend £20-£25m somewhere else not somewhere where we are strong.

I've been impressed with him in a slightly deeper role than I'd seen him in before, showing more discipline and an ability to run from deep but you wouldn't want him in a midfield two. He could play as an inside forward for sure (and be pretty good) but he'd be one of many options rather than the stand out like he is at Villa.

Back