• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

So embarrassing.

It's not been the Premiership for years!

Just looking ahead to next year...

"Can Bolton do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?"
"Can Stoke do it on a cold Tuesday night in Bolton?"

Do we give a shit...

When did a made up trophy for finishing second become a thing?

Just looking ahead to next year...

"Can Bolton do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke?"
"Can Stoke do it on a cold Tuesday night in Bolton?"

Do we give a $#@!...

Its unfortunate that Stoke were no longer able to do it on a cold night in Stoke.

Tara clayheads

Its unfortunate that Stoke were no longer able to do it on a cold night in Stoke.

Tara clayheads
Isn't there some mad stat that Stoke haven't won away on a Tuesday night for over 100 years in the top flight

Cardiff holding their Promotion Parade... (I think this is genuine)

Cardiff Parade.jpg

There are places in Cardiff where they have a decent crowd to be honest but still :icon_lol:

It's probably at the very start of it - there's a really good photo taken from the castle in the city centre which shows thousands of people.

I don't really understand why Twitter seems to be so full of our fans trying to boast about everything every other team does. Why shouldn't Cardiff have a victory parade? Who cares if there were more people at ours? Who gives a shit about Albion? I'm just enjoying what Wolves have done, I really don't care that much about other clubs, how they choose to celebrate etc etc.

Ah well - bantz ay it.

Cardiff-City-Premier-League-Promotion-Parade.jpg

They still can't spell ambulance, though.

I found the one that Tom has put up and he beat me to it

I don't begrudge Cardiff having a parade to celebrate promotion. Any club would want to celebrate it.

I do begrudge them having a tinpot 2nd place trophy though. Lifting a trophy to celebrate not quite being the best team seems a bit odd to me.

I don't begrudge Cardiff having a parade to celebrate promotion. Any club would want to celebrate it.

I do begrudge them having a tinpot 2nd place trophy though. Lifting a trophy to celebrate not quite being the best team seems a bit odd to me.

FL did that as Winners get a Trophy and the Play Off team gets one, so the only team that gets nothing is the one that did better than the Play Offs and not as well as the one won the Division. Essentially it is the Silver Medal.

All the playoff trophy amounts to is an award for the team who proved themselves to be not quite as good as the team who weren't quite good enough to win the league.

You win promotion so having a trophy doesn't seem odd to me, it seems weirder to not have a trophy, especially if the play-off winners get one when the team in 2nd have proven themselves to be better than whoever wins the playoffs

Back