• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Most sports have runners up trophies...it isn't as if the championship have invented something that isn't common in most other sports.

I'm obviously in the minority then. You win the league you get a trophy, you come 2nd you get promoted. Celebrate it all the same but no need for a trophy IMO.

The Play Off one is only there so the winning team gets to lift something at the end of the final I guess. No one actually cares about the trophy.

I don't actually care all that much btw. We got the the important one :)

It's probably at the very start of it - there's a really good photo taken from the castle in the city centre which shows thousands of people.

I don't really understand why Twitter seems to be so full of our fans trying to boast about everything every other team does. Why shouldn't Cardiff have a victory parade? Who cares if there were more people at ours? Who gives a shit about Albion? I'm just enjoying what Wolves have done, I really don't care that much about other clubs, how they choose to celebrate etc etc.

Ah well - bantz ay it.
I've seen photos from our parade when the buses were just about to enter West Park where it looks like we had only a handful of fans following them.

They deserve a parade, they have done amazing and got automatic promotion. On their budget its a unbelievable accomplishment and much deserving of massive celebration.
Our fans on twitter take banter too far IMO a little bit of grace wouldnt go a miss. At the end of the day we have seen a great Wolves side this year and they were not that far behind.

They deserve a parade, they have done amazing and got automatic promotion. On their budget its a unbelievable accomplishment and much deserving of massive celebration.
Our fans on twitter take banter too far IMO a little bit of grace wouldnt go a miss. At the end of the day we have seen a great Wolves side this year and they were not that far behind.

Well said. Totally agree.

Colins a tool and I am not a fan of their playing style but once youre past that , hell have they over achieved.

Well I was up for work at 5 this morning. It was quite cold with a bit of a wind blowing and I knew I had a 12 hour shift ahead of me but then I remembered that Villa are still in the Championship and everything was great! :devilsmile:

As an aside, next season will be the first time ever that we start the season as West Midlands top dogs on account of divisional status. Never occurred before that we have been top flight and none of Blues, Albion and Villa have.

Can believe that stat to time to grow broader shoulders as the local hate towards will probably intensify.

Would someone just explain to me why Villa are now in such trouble with FFP?

Am no expert but presumes its:

Largest wage bill in the Championship
Lowering Parachute payments
Spent loads so will still have payments to other teams as part of the budget
Those players are old and don't particularly have resale value, or anything near that meets what they paid.

Am no expert but presumes its:

Largest wage bill in the Championship
Lowering Parachute payments
Spent loads so will still have payments to other teams as part of the budget
Those players are old and don't particularly have resale value, or anything near that meets what they paid.

And those that have value are still sitting on the balance sheet.

Both Kodjia and Hogan will have about £8m sitting on the balance sheet, so selling them for anything less will make a loss in the P&L account. Their only savour will be selling Grealish, but will obviously weaken them considerably.

Thanks for that. Seems to me that both Derby and Villa have problems next year with seriously ageing squads. Seem to remember that seeing a graphic from Experimental 361 that showed Derby had the oldest squad in the league. Wolves were 3rd youngest

£38m worth of profit needed between now and March 2019?

That's a LOT.

Probably can't afford to sack Bruce either.

Thanks for that. Seems to me that both Derby and Villa have problems next year with seriously ageing squads. Seem to remember that seeing a graphic from Experimental 361 that showed Derby had the oldest squad in the league. Wolves were 3rd youngest
Derby told Rowett they had to cut back significantly and bring youth through, hence him doing one. I can't see Lampard coming in to do that, so I think he'll either not take it or they'll go for a one season all or nothing policy. You never know with Morris.

Absolutely sounds more delusional, Moose was had things pretty much spot on. Squad with one real re-sale asset and the rest either on loan or only wanted by championship clubs. Hogan, Kodjia, Chester, Hutton, Hourihane, Lansbury, El Mohamedy and Jedinak.
All decent at this level but even if I was Cardiff there’s not one there I’d pay good money for, if I did fancy one of them I’d certainly want less than what Villa payed.
Villa still have McCormack on their books to.

Villa are going to have to sell grealish & Chester just to stand still, even that might not be enough

They've got a huge amount of rebuilding to do whilst trying to generate £38m a profit. I just don't know how you do that.

What are the ffp penalties? They may be preferable.

I'm going to call it early but to comply with FFP I can see villa being nowhere near the top of the division next season, maybe even getting into a relegation battle.

They won't have any of their decent players next season

Back