• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Chasing Pack - GAME OVER AMIGOS

Grealish or Maddison from Norwich? At £25m not sure I'd want either

We don’t exactly play with wide players, but you’d be looking to spend £20-£25m somewhere else not somewhere where we are strong.

Yeah pretty much. I don't see us buying in that area (unless someone amazing is available), we will focus on getting a striker to complement Cav, Costa and Jota. I'm so excited about watching all of them in the Premier League

Grealish or Maddison from Norwich? At £25m not sure I'd want either

If I am honest I think both are worth a fair bit. However, Villa won't get that much for Grealish for reasons already mentioned and Norwich need the money too.

His success this year has been with more of a free role than as a wide player. I'd imagine he'd want to continue there

We play with two inside forwards not wingers, Grealish could quite easily play there. Not that I want him here mind you.

They'll get £10m for Chester and £20m for Grealish easily.

I'm not so sure. Villa's financial issues are well documented, and also the window finishes earlier. Clubs will wait til the last minute because they can afford to and Villa will have to sell regardless.

Chester might be an ok squad option for a bottom six PL club. Maybe. No way would he be a priority signing for anyone.

Got a Villa fan preaching to himself everything is ok on FF, trouble is he's not masking it to those that know Villa are fucked very well. Its funny reading it.

I'm probably in the minority here but I think grealish could be a very good CM with the right coaching / mentoring. He's got bags of ability and isn't afraid to get stuck in, couple that with being a bit more tactical nous he'd be outstanding

I'm probably in the minority here but I think grealish could be a very good CM with the right coaching / mentoring. He's got bags of ability and isn't afraid to get stuck in, couple that with being a bit more tactical nous he'd be outstanding

One of the things he does best is running at people and committing them though. I'm a midfield 2 this means he will be either out of position/what he does best is lessened. He's very much an attacking forward imo

Technically Grealish looks a tremendous player, however his mentality of wanting to dribble and beat people reminds me of something I once saw a coach describe on the theory of counter intuitive dribbling. His was in relation to early Totti and there was an article on it somewhere. It's very exciting for fans to see, and something we love, but dribbling allows recovery runs and is slower than moving the ball into space. It also allows tighter marking of forwards and he showed us stats about how the forwards actually made less sprints, which he linked to knowing they weren't going to quickly receive the ball.

When I see Grealish that always comes to mind, seemed true in the game at theres too.

Technically Grealish looks a tremendous player, however his mentality of wanting to dribble and beat people reminds me of something I once saw a coach describe on the theory of counter intuitive dribbling. His was in relation to early Totti and there was an article on it somewhere. It's very exciting for fans to see, and something we love, but dribbling allows recovery runs and is slower than moving the ball into space. It also allows tighter marking of forwards and he showed us stats about how the forwards actually made less sprints, which he linked to knowing they weren't going to quickly receive the ball.

When I see Grealish that always comes to mind, seemed true in the game at theres too.

That's kind of where I'm coming from. There's a very good player in there but he needs to mature both in his approach and how he plays the game.

He does make things happen and is very dynamic but he needs to measure that against what is good for the team.

When does the FFP stuff come out? Don’t clubs have to submit some kind of preliminary document to EFL at end of May to show they complied before the official accounts next year?

And will this info become common knowledge so that we can see exactly where Wolves stood, and where Villa will stand?

He does make things happen and is very dynamic but he needs to measure that against what is good for the team.

Does he? He's been directly involved in 8 goals this season, given how much license he has to virtually play as far forward as he wants that's absolutely shit. Dave pissed all over that.

He does Make things happen. He seems to drift past players like they aren’t there without doing anything remotely elaborate or having any real pace. He makes the most of a lot of challenges but he’s also bought down a lot in the final third before anything can happen.

Even ignoring all that, stats don’t tell to everything. Villa like to get it out wide a lot and get it in from there, so he will likely be the assist to the assist. However, you would still want more from him in the goals tally, 3 goals in 19 starts isn’t much to shout about.

He's a poundshop Jack Wilshere with a stupid haircut. Not a chance would he work or fit in with wolves.

Grealish thinks quite a lot of himself and that just won't fly at Wolves. He's got decent dribbling skills and scored a decent few goals but I'm pretty sure Bright would be better if he develops fully.

There's also the element of him looking a lot better than he is because literally no-one else in that Villa team can run, with or without the ball. He's the only one with any kind of ability to beat a man, the only one who can drive them up the pitch and the only one who looks like creating anything at all from open play.

Kenny Miller had a good season for us in 2005/6 but it was made to look a hell of a lot better by him not plodding around at 2mph like everyone else in a gold shirt.

Villa fans have Grealish down as a bit of a wonderkid, I don't think he is. He's a player who hasn't achieved all that much in the grand scheme of things at the age of almost 23, with a reasonable amount of natural talent but also a hell of a lot to learn. English premium or not, he simply isn't worth some of the more wild figures being bandied about because he might very well not ever learn (or ever really sort out where it is he's supposed to play), as well as the issue that he is Villa's sole serious asset and they need to bring in cash this summer fairly desperately, and everyone knows that.

Back