• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Wife has a speeding letter, but it has the wrong address on it. I assume the post lady knew it was the wrong address.

Where does she stand if she ignores it?

Would presume if it's ignored it will go to court and fines/points/ban handed out.

Would suggest she replies but in the first instance to query the address they have used.

Any scientists out there? Where's HazelGrove when you need him?

Our water has 93 microliters of iron in the water, is the dangerous and if so how so?

I can only see Iron on page 5, Lead is @25 on page 3...

According to the Defra booklet 25μgPb/l is only until 25th December 2013 then the maximum drops to 10μgPb/l

The lead will be from your com pipe - the pipe between the water main and your house. Unfortunately this belongs to you, so cost is on you to replace it. If you play dumb though Severn Trent may do it FOC for you - that used to be their policy, but I think it was dropped a few y are ago.

The lead will be from your com pipe - the pipe between the water main and your house. Unfortunately this belongs to you, so cost is on you to replace it. If you play dumb though Severn Trent may do it FOC for you - that used to be their policy, but I think it was dropped a few y are ago.

It's about 80 metres from the meter to my house, so it will be quiet costly. Severn Trent have already said it's my responsibility.

It's about 80 metres from the meter to my house, so it will be quiet costly. Severn Trent have already said it's my responsibility.

80m of lead pipe is a lot - are you the only ones supplied of that pipe? Cheapest method to replace would be to find a friendly builder who can dig you a trench - assuming you know the path of the pipe? With it being lead it's not easy to trace.

80m of lead pipe is a lot - are you the only ones supplied of that pipe? Cheapest method to replace would be to find a friendly builder who can dig you a trench - assuming you know the path of the pipe? With it being lead it's not easy to trace.

Yeah, I'm the only one supplied off the pipe. My dad used to be an ex-demonstrator so can drive a digger. Do I need to dig up the old pipe or can I just run a new pipe and leave the old one there?

Yeah, I'm the only one supplied off the pipe. My dad used to be an ex-demonstrator so can drive a digger. Do I need to dig up the old pipe or can I just run a new pipe and leave the old one there?

That's will depend on STW. The old pipe will need to be disconnected and capped - since that has to happen you may as well put the new one in the same place.

That's will depend on STW. The old pipe will need to be disconnected and capped - since that has to happen you may as well put the new one in the same place.

I'll speak to them in the morning. Thanks for the help.

Would you at least be able to scrap the old pipe?

This is childish and irrational and based off my massive insecurity to some extent but I'm embarrassingly unsure if my feelings are normal. My new girlfriend and her friend are on holiday and went on a pub crawl Saturday night, and ended being walked home after an all nighter by a couple of men who they asked in for a beer. She had no intention of anything happening and nothing did, I also know she has no reason to cheat but I'm still a pissed off about it.

Is that even appropriate behaviour, I can't imagine she'd be happy if I'd have got drunk and taken two girls back to my digs for a drink?

Back