• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Could you speak with your H&S Rep?

I already have done regarding the procedure for loading roll cages onto the lorries. I know my accident was mentioned in a meeting, I am back in work tomorrow so will ask if she knows if the HSE were informed of my accident.

The H&S rep may also have access to the accident report. If not she may be able to contact the HSE for you.

My solicitor has asked the company for a copy of last H&S audit done on site. Is it correct that I as an employee can ask for a copy of it?

Thank you.

Your employer must provide you with the following information:
the health and safety law poster which must be displayed in a prominent place, or as an alternative, they can provide each worker with a copy of the equivalent pocket card. This should give the contact details of people who can help;
their health and safety policy statement;
an up-to-date Employers’ Liability (Compulsory Insurance) certificate visible in your place of work.

I had a meeting today with the health and safety officer, and he showed me the paperwork confirming that the company followed the correct procedure.

Many thanks to all for the help, in particular LeedsWolf. Much appreciated, thank you.

Flogged a couple of items on eBay saying I would do free P&P, second class signed for. Of course they have been purchased overseas meaning I need to use internal standard (or the global shipping program whatever that is) and that puts me out of pocket.

Do I let the buyers know and attempt to get at least some of the costs out of them or take the hit?

I'll do that in future but it doesn't help my current predicament.

I'll do that in future but it doesn't help my current predicament.

Contact the buyer, explain that Royal mail 2nd class post is for British post and you will have to charge for international rate delivery. They can either pay or have the sale cancelled...you won't make that mistake again ;)

HELP!

My nephew will have his 12th birthday imminently.
I have no idea what to get him.
To be fair, my brother spoils his kids. They get everything they ask for, so it is really difficult to think of anything to get him.
I've asked both him & my brother, and they're bereft of ideas. The only thing he wants (which my brother has) is a new phone.
He's sport mad, but has loads of footy tops, different footballs etc. He's a basketball hoop and stuff. I bought him a swingball a couple of years ago (he likes playing in the garden. He plays bowls with us.

Has anyone any suggestions at all?

Depends of how much you want to spend, but perhaps some sports memorabilia? A signed framed top or boot ect from favourite player/team.

Does anyone know what a Pre-Action Disclosure application to a Court is? I was told it entails my employer receiving a Sealed Order from the Court.

Sadly it is double Dutch to me.

It basically means that your employer has to show all information before your lawyer decides whether to make a claim.

It basically means that your employer has to show all information before your lawyer decides whether to make a claim.

Thank you. The solicitor has said that there is definitely a claim going in, but despite two letters from the solicitor, my employer has failed to respond, hence it being sent to the courts Which surprises me greatly. Alliance Healthcare are a part of a multi national group, so they are either being deliberately awkward, or just incompetent.

Thank you. The solicitor has said that there is definitely a claim going in, but despite two letters from the solicitor, my employer has failed to respond, hence it being sent to the courts Which surprises me greatly. Alliance Healthcare are a part of a multi national group, so they are either being deliberately awkward, or just incompetent.

I'm surprised that it's not your employers insurers that your solicitors are in touch with or are they not supplying the insurers with the requested information.?

I'm surprised that it's not your employers insurers that your solicitors are in touch with or are they not supplying the insurers with the requested information.?

My solicitor just said the defendants had not responded, and I presumed it was my employer.

Back