• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

General Chatter is by definition 'General Chatter'?

some of us aren't on facebook.

I've made friends with people on here, and for the majority of them, this is the only form of contact.

Dunno about timing, but there should be a christmas thread at some point.

I know which is a shame as as you say on here is the only means of saying hello to some people, and hearing about their Christmases.

But its not worth putting a Christmas thread up on here, as no matter what the date it would still be too early for some, even if put up on Dec 20th. I just think it's nice to hear what folk are doing, planning, eating, drinking, watching, but then that's just me! I don't suppose we really need one though as anything we are planning can go in the Happy Thread, Christmassy eats can go on the Honey Thread, drinking on the beer or wine threads, and anything we watch can go on the Film or Google Threads.

I understand that it's not everyone's favourite subject or time of the year so I can leave me Christmas shit talk (and there will be much of it :icon_lol: ) for another place :)

Don't see the problem of you having one - 2 weeks max would seem reasonable ;)

Anyone who is not interested can just ignore it (as I do for one or two other threads on here and don't complain about them being there - if it makes others happy then thats fine, though not sure all on those are always happy with the discussions)

Just create a Christmas Thread and let it run it's natural course. Those who wish to contribute will, those who don't, won't. No need for any permission or song and dance.

Been officially diagnosed today, I have tinnitus, feeling a bit depressed at the moment but hoping in time I'll just take it for granted.

Been officially diagnosed today, I have tinnitus, feeling a bit depressed at the moment but hoping in time I'll just take it for granted.

Have had it for the last 3 yrs - you do get used to it (though find that I have noise in the house - radio whatever, even if I'm not really listening to it)

I know its there all the time, but only seriously impinges on me when its really quiet - haven't found that its affects sleeping though

Have had it for the last 3 yrs - you do get used to it (though find that I have noise in the house - radio whatever, even if I'm not really listening to it)

I know its there all the time, but only seriously impinges on me when its really quiet - haven't found that its affects sleeping though

The background noise with the radio etc is very good advice,something I was doing subconsciously for a while before I noticed - I tend not to notice the tinitus much these days unless I listen for it,if that makes sense.

It does also fluctuate, since you've noticed it enough to go the Drs its probably at a quite high level atm, its unlikely to stay like that all the time.

On sleeping I find that as long as I put the radio on sleep mode (usually something spoken like radio 4 or world service) it doesn't bother me.

Right gents, a little query if anyone can help.

I need to open a bank account tomorrow but does anyone know if you can open one and have it setup the same day? I need it all done by Thursday morning at the latest really.

Yeah, should be fine providing all your ID is in order and you haven't moved address lately.

Best booking an appointment in a branch I'd say.

As Deutsch says, if your ID meets the requirements, the account will likely be open by the time you leave the branch.

Yeah, should be fine providing all your ID is in order and you haven't moved address lately.

Best booking an appointment in a branch I'd say.

As Deutsch says, if your ID meets the requirements, the account will likely be open by the time you leave the branch.
Much appreciated gents, just what I wanted to hear, thank you very much! I did try asking on a couple of Web Chats but I must have got the village bloody idiots as they didn't understand what I wanted to know.

The background noise with the radio etc is very good advice,something I was doing subconsciously for a while before I noticed - I tend not to notice the tinitus much these days unless I listen for it,if that makes sense.

It does also fluctuate, since you've noticed it enough to go the Drs its probably at a quite high level atm, its unlikely to stay like that all the time.

On sleeping I find that as long as I put the radio on sleep mode (usually something spoken like radio 4 or world service) it doesn't bother me.

Thanks, I'm about three weeks in now and feeling sorry for myself, I've asked for referral as I'm still struggling with the fact that this probably it for the rest of my life.
Hopefully as you say it's something I'll learn to live with.

Just a piece of advice as my daughter has just been pulled over by the rozzers.
Apparently it is no longer the case that if you're covered by comprehensive insurance that you are covered to drive other cars, with their permission, unless it is distinctly specified on your insurance document.
I didn't know this (It's not like it's my job or anything :( ), she got sat in a police car for thirty minutes and the police had to drive her boyfriends car home, the three grandchildren in the car were well impressed !

A trainee solicitor, normally.

Thank you. I have been told that a paralegal has been assigned to a case I am pursuing. Is that normal practice?

I guess they'll do all the prepatory work and when it eventually comes to court, their boss will take over.

Does anyone know what Primary Sync is? On my tablet it says,

"Primary sync is off. Turn it on in settings."

It has never come up before. Is it of any importance?

Back