• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

I think Ctrl and the + and - buttons do the same thing too.

Ctrl + 0 returns everything to normal.

Just did that and my daughter is now 17" tall!
Fuck!!

My wife'll be home in a minute...

I'm not quite sure what to do with my work finances: From the start of the 2016/17 tax year as all the little workarounds such as tax relief on travel and subsistence that increase one's take home pay by way of using an umbrella company are being eradicated, leaving it no more efficient than PAYE. Currently I work and invoice as a sole trader (no VAT) and when necessary use an umbrella company, probably about a 70/30 split at the moment.

So, do I:
  1. Stay as I am and lose the benefits of the umbrella company
  2. Register as a Limited Company and deal with the paperwork myself
  3. Register as a Limited Company and hire an accountant
  4. Register as a Limited Company and use my umbrella company at a cost of £70 per month, plus £10p/m for invoicing and a one-off £100 for the registration

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Number 2.

I'm not quite sure what to do with my work finances: From the start of the 2016/17 tax year as all the little workarounds such as tax relief on travel and subsistence that increase one's take home pay by way of using an umbrella company are being eradicated, leaving it no more efficient than PAYE. Currently I work and invoice as a sole trader (no VAT) and when necessary use an umbrella company, probably about a 70/30 split at the moment.

So, do I:
  1. Stay as I am and lose the benefits of the umbrella company
  2. Register as a Limited Company and deal with the paperwork myself
  3. Register as a Limited Company and hire an accountant
  4. Register as a Limited Company and use my umbrella company at a cost of £70 per month, plus £10p/m for invoicing and a one-off £100 for the registration

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Definitely 2.

Today, whe I try to open a web page on my telephone, it keeps directing me to download their app's.
Even pages like the BBC and Wikipedia ect. What's happening and how can I stop it?

Sure you haven't opened the app store instead of the browser?

Sure you haven't opened the app store instead of the browser?

I've had the Samsung S5 for nearly 2 years and it has never happened before. When I go on to google search, I put BBC news, or any other page and then open the link. It directly sends me to an app from that page to download the app. It has never happened before today.

A lot of sites will try and redirect to their app these days. So basically naff all you can do except press to stay on the website.

We've recently upgraded to BT Infinity and ended up with another new HomeHub as a result, everything switched over easy enough apart from my Xbox360, it seems very laggy online since the change, not sure if there are some security conflicts with the HomeHub as I remember there being problems previously with earlier models, and now it won't even let me connect to Xbox Live at all.

So much for progress!

Any ideas what I can do to test/solve the problem?

Pretty sure BT's Smart Setup bollocks that is on by default causes all kinds of conflicts - try disabling that.

Does anyone know a simply method of adding error bars to Excel graphs?

Right click your data set on the chart IIRC.

Cheers. Now to work out how to add them individually for each point (of which I have over 200) and how to work them out in the first place *sigh*

Cheers. Now to work out how to add them individually for each point (of which I have over 200) and how to work them out in the first place *sigh*

Worked that out and what error I should be using (standard error), but of course, adding them doesn't work correctly as my y axis is log(10) transformed. Anyone know how to get around that on Excel?

In taking the plasterboard down from the ceiling in the toilet, I find that someone prior to my occupancy left a pile of roof tiles on the loft insulation stuff.
Naturally, the removal of the boards led to gravity ensuring said roof tiles plummet downwards.
Whilst they missed me, one landed on and broke the lid of the new toilet cistern that was only put in 2 months ago :argh:

Anyone know how/where you can just buy a cistern lid? Or am I gonna have to fork out for a whole new cistern? :mecry:

Random one, but has anyone on here ever worked and lived in Dubai?

I've been semi-offered a job there and I'm very tempted, but it would mean uprooting the whole family and change of schools though. I'm tempted, but having been there before the way of life never seemed that appealing

I've been semi-offered a job there and I'm very tempted, but it would mean uprooting the whole family and change of schools though. I'm tempted, but having been there before the way of life never seemed that appealing

Drop Walter a line...he may have a house available for rent as well.

I think leedswolf has worked over that way though so he may be of some help

I have not worked in Dubai but have had dealings / worked with the uae. Pm me with questions for honest answers mate.won't post them publicly sorry. Both good and bad!

Back