• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

In taking the plasterboard down from the ceiling in the toilet, I find that someone prior to my occupancy left a pile of roof tiles on the loft insulation stuff.
Naturally, the removal of the boards led to gravity ensuring said roof tiles plummet downwards.
Whilst they missed me, one landed on and broke the lid of the new toilet cistern that was only put in 2 months ago :argh:

Anyone know how/where you can just buy a cistern lid? Or am I gonna have to fork out for a whole new cistern? :mecry:

If you know the make the manufacturer can supply

I have not worked in Dubai but have had dealings / worked with the uae. Pm me with questions for honest answers mate.won't post them publicly sorry. Both good and bad!
Thanks Cyber, will drop you a pm later on today :)

Drop Walter a line...he may have a house available for rent as well.

I think leedswolf has worked over that way though so he may be of some help
I have lived and worked out in the Middle East. My last trip out there was about 4 years ago, but I would be more than happy to try and assist.

In taking the plasterboard down from the ceiling in the toilet, I find that someone prior to my occupancy left a pile of roof tiles on the loft insulation stuff.
Naturally, the removal of the boards led to gravity ensuring said roof tiles plummet downwards.
Whilst they missed me, one landed on and broke the lid of the new toilet cistern that was only put in 2 months ago :argh:

Anyone know how/where you can just buy a cistern lid? Or am I gonna have to fork out for a whole new cistern? :mecry:
Plumbers Merchants should stock them. If not try eBay, Gumtree, etc.

Can't seem to find a suitable thread to bump so I guess here will do...

The wife is in the market for an iPad, preferably a decent one but not too expensive. However, we've got no idea what to look for really. Any help? Should we avoid reconditioned ones?

The wife is in the market for an iPad, preferably a decent one but not too expensive. However, we've got no idea what to look for really. Any help? Should we avoid reconditioned ones?

I'm pretty sure that reconditioned iPads come with a 1 year warranty, so should be fine on that one. I'd get one with WiFi and at least 32gb of memory. I wouldn't bother with cellular...

http://www.apple.com/uk/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

I have the iPad 2. 16gb. Really good even now that its 4 years old. You can get one for around 300 quid. You can also get ipad Air for an extra 100, or an ipad mini.

I prefer the iPad 2 size, as we watch a lot of shows at night in bed, and the screen is perfect.

Couldn't find the health Thread so this will have to do.

I think I might have tinnitus, has anyone got experience of the condition?, it's doing my head in I'm gonna ring the doctors tomorrow.

I think I might have tinnitus, has anyone got experience of the condition?, it's doing my head in I'm gonna ring the doctors tomorrow.
I have it, comes and goes. Think I got it from crappy turbo prop planes when I used to work in export.

You get used to it eventually and enjoy the days when its not there ever so much more.

I've got it as well (no idea why as I've never worked with anything that noisy - as long as you ignore 16 yrs in education with hordes of children screaming their heads off)

Worth a visit to the doctors just to eliminate the possibilty of damage to the eardrum or a blockage, both of which can cause similar response.

If it is tinnitus, as Tredman says, you just have to learn to live with it - the British Tinnitus Society website is worth looking at.

My wife has chronic tinnitus in her right ear. It has been attributed to swimming as my wife has never worked in a noisy industrial environment. Most people will experience tinnitus in it's acute form.

I have it, comes and goes. Think I got it from crappy turbo prop planes when I used to work in export.

You get used to it eventually and enjoy the days when its not there ever so much more.

Were you in the drugs trade?

Mine is a constant hissing in my left ear, not too bad during the day when I'm doing stuff, it's quiet times, at night watching the telly and especially in bed when it bothers me.
Been like it for about three weeks now.

Is December 1st too early for a Christmas thread?????

Is December 1st too early for a Christmas thread?????

We don't really need one IMO. It's the exact same thing every year, everyone's looking forward to food and drink and seeing their families. Nothing has or will change regarding that. It's a waste of bandwidth in my honest opinion

Ok maybe you are right.Maybe Facebook is the place for Christmas chatter and not on a football forum.

some of us aren't on facebook.

I've made friends with people on here, and for the majority of them, this is the only form of contact.

Dunno about timing, but there should be a christmas thread at some point.

Back