• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Watching the gymnastics on BBC iPlayer and one of the commentators has a very northern accent.

My wife: "is that Johnny Vegas?"

I said I somewhat doubt that Johnny Vegas would be asked to give expert analysis on Olympic gymnastics.
Craig Heap I think. Lives up here, a bit of a loon.

His enthusiasm is infectious although I’m not sure if it would seem that way if he was on the box every week rather than every two years or so.

Be interesting to see if Marchand can win butterfly and breast stroke finals 2 hours apart. Some feat if he does.

Scraped a win on a split decision in the boxing (Lewis Richardson). Didn’t think he did enough personally but after the other results I shouldn’t complain.

The winner of the 100m freestyle last night.......yes , looked impressive , won by a mile, mmmmmmmm........you'd have to wonder . World record as well .

Another great rowing race. I’m really enjoying it, but it might also qualify as the event with the most inane commentary and punditry of the lot (ever been thus IMO).

Another great rowing race. I’m really enjoying it, but it might also qualify as the event with the most inane commentary and punditry of the lot (ever been thus IMO).

I turned the sound off as it was getting on my nerves in the last race. I think FiveLive have the Rugby Union commentator (Chris Jones?) doing it on there and he is far better.

The Dutch get revenge for yesterday's close finish and fair play to them as even when they were taken over in the last 500 they had something left in the tank to respond.

I turned the sound off as it was getting on my nerves in the last race. I think FiveLive have the Rugby Union commentator (Chris Jones?) doing it on there and he is far better.

The Dutch get revenge for yesterday's close finish and fair play to them as even when they were taken over in the last 500 they had something left in the tank to respond.
They’re incredible athletes, but there’s a lot of bollocks talked about something that’s essentially ‘who can pull a stick the hardest’.

Listen to 5live during the day, much better than watching in my opinion.

That account is built on transphobia, mate.

There are debates to be had regarding how this should be handled in terms of competitive balance, but labeling Khelif "red, male" is beyond gross.
This is nothing to do with trans though - this appears to be someone who, based on biological measures, is male, and always has been.

She's also not trans, although it's being deliberately weaponised as such. She has always identified as female and presumably had female genitalia from birth. Last year she tested as having too much testosterone in her system and therefore seen as biologically male.

Back