• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

From the BBC live page... :ROFLMAO:

Men's triathlon

Forget gold, Alex Yee is now having to hold off France's Leo Bergere who has come storming through.

Hayden Wilde looks set to secure the gold, Yee is still second with a five-second lead over Bergere.

It's insane how he managed to find that acceleration right at the end (whilst Wilde looked broken).

Blimey that was a cracking finish in the rowing, incredible timing

Wow - not a bad 15 minutes or so....!! Incredible stuff from the rowers

Looked for all the world like they were done, amazing finish.

Piss off not biting☺️
Useless fact of the day 40 competitors from Northern Ireland at the games.

33 representing Ireland 7 representing the other lot

One of the 7 has just come up trumps in the Quad Sculls final!

Edit: One part of the 4 x 200m squad did too. Didn't race in the final but got a medal as he swum in the heats.

Last edited:
I had no idea that Jess Fox, the Aussie in the canoeing events is actually the daughter of Richard Fox, who was a brilliant canoeist for the GB team when I were a pup.

Team GB appear to have just jumped ahead of Australia in the medal table. Strangely channel 9 are not showing the medal table just for now as they must have a serious gold chance to come in the next hour or so.

Massive first run by Kieran Reilly.
I remember seeing him when he was a kid take part in an event in Newcastle organised my brother called Urban Games. Even then he was doing phenomenal things on a bike.

I remember seeing him when he was a kid take part in an event in Newcastle organised my brother called Urban Games. Even then he was doing phenomenal things on a bike.
I guess to some degree there's got to be a lot of preternatural ability in an Olympian, just by nature of how elite they all truly are.

I won't be the first to say so but 10th out of 10 at the Olympics is still 10th out of 7 billion in the world (sorta, I do know that with qualies it does get a little muddier but you get the idea).

Watching the gymnastics on BBC iPlayer and one of the commentators has a very northern accent.

My wife: "is that Johnny Vegas?"

I said I somewhat doubt that Johnny Vegas would be asked to give expert analysis on Olympic gymnastics.

Watching the gymnastics on BBC iPlayer and one of the commentators has a very northern accent.

My wife: "is that Johnny Vegas?"

I said I somewhat doubt that Johnny Vegas would be asked to give expert analysis on Olympic gymnastics.

'Johnny Vegas on...gymnastics'

c6GNG1jr2Qop.gif

Back