• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Love how comms on BBC had GB rowers as winners with 300m left for it to go tits up.

Calling it - the diving is the most confusing event to watch. I've not got a fucking clue what's good and what isn't until the commentators react.

Only time I'm pretty sure they've messed it up is if they do a belly flop

Calling it - the diving is the most confusing event to watch. I've not got a fucking clue what's good and what isn't until the commentators react.

Points for the decathlon/ heptathlon for me.

Absolutely no idea how they work.

Points for the decathlon/ heptathlon for me.

Absolutely no idea how they work.
No-one does! Some events are weighted more heavily which makes it even more confusing. For instance, a poor javelin throw can completely fuck up your chances whereas an amazing run in the 100m won't make a massive difference overall. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Mentioned early on in the thread but sailing for me.

Who's winning? Dunno.

I watched a bit yesterday and they all set off in different directions! What the actual fuck!?
run-no-sense-of-direction.gif

Gold in the womens doubles rowing! Superb stuff (I know how this one works - the boat that crosses the line first tends to win)

GOLD (Had to turn the commentary off as the TV is shite and the radio was 200m ahead of the pictures!)

Guaranteed at least silver in the trampoline, one athlete to go...

You can definitely add trampolining to my above list :ROFLMAO:

All incredibly impressive, not a bloody clue how it works
Did you see the BMX freestyle? Outrageous and how you split the ones up who don't fall god only knows!

I'm 2 minutes behind you - Yes gold!

You can definitely add trampolining to my above list :ROFLMAO:

All incredibly impressive, not a bloody clue how it works
All I've gleaned from watching it, is that if you bounce quite high and stay close to the centre you're gonna get a good score.

Wow, i thought the canadian was brilliant, especialy with a through vault finish but Page was so tight and not travelling, and 33 years young ffs.
The height these girls get is phenomenal, seems twice as high as when i did it, mind you we didn't have those nice cushions all around in my day, all elastic, bungees with hooks. Fuckin terrifying.
Well done gal 🤩

Back