• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

She looked a bit heavy legged which could be nerves. She looked much quicker in the UK Champs.
Good maturity to manage the race and just go through, at 17 it's a learning experience more than anything. I mean she was 1 for the Beijing Olympics :D

To pull a parallel from Murray yesterday, his early Wimbledon efforts were just "yeah, there's a good player here if he looks after himself and progresses". You don't win much at that age unless you're a complete freak of nature.

Paraguay Egypt has gone Into extra time so can't watch the Argentina v France grudge match which is annoying.

Really should have gone straight to penalties, really shouldn't be playing another half hour.

Well that went a bit wrong for her!

Oh no. Just never got going

Looked like the rest of the field sandwiched her out.

Also the French rider has pissed me off. We get it, you're together. But just stay off the track for like one fucking minute and let her have her moment ffs

Gold and bronze for men and women respectively in the rowing 8s.

Men's 8 was an absolute walk in the park. Clearly taking it easy and still won by miles. Australia not in the same arrondissement in sixth which amused me and dismayed the commentators.

I heard on the radio last night that the schedule for the LA Olympics has been flipped so that the athletics is first. Reason being the Americans want golds early in their own Olympics...thin skinned wankers
That's like having your pudding before your dinner. Awful idea.

It's because they get so much flak for putting up medal tables on number of medals rather than number of golds to massage their own paper-thin egos.

The bike ride is comfortably the worst spectacle in the entire games. Irredeemably dull.

You mis-spelled best event of the entire thing a bit there.

I appreciate cycling does polarise opinion, but even a cynic must surely prefer it to fucking horse disco.

Depends on the cycling event, The mountain biking, BMX racing was great entertainment as will be the velodrome, road stuff less so.

Back