• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2024 Paris Olympics Thread

Trips

Staff member
Reaction score
Your one stop shop for everything Olympics related.

Begins on Wednesday with some football and Rugby Sevens, before the opening ceremony on the River Seine on Friday

It seems like the first time in a while where we have some serious medal contenders in the track and field.

Football schedule (Enso Gonzalez and Boubacar Traoré in the squads for Paraguay and Mali respectively):

Wed 24 July, 2pm: Argentina vs Morocco and Uzbekistan vs Spain
Wed 24 July, 4pm: Egypt vs Dominican Republic and Guinea vs New Zealand
Wed 24 July, 6pm: Iraq vs Ukraine and Japan vs Paraguay
Wed 24 July, 8pm: France vs USA and Mali vs Israel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat 27 July, 2pm: Argentina vs Iraq and Dominican Republic vs Spain
Sat 27 July, 4pm: Ukraine vs Morocco and Uzbekistan vs Egypt
Sat 27 July, 6pm: Israel vs Paraguay and New Zealand vs USA
Sat 27 July, 8pm: France vs Guinea and Japan vs Mali
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tue 30 July, 2pm: Dominican Republic vs Uzbekistan and Spain vs Egypt
Tue 30 July, 4pm: Morocco vs Iraq and Ukraine vs Argentina
Tue 30 July, 6pm: USA vs Guinea and New Zealand vs France
Tue 30 July, 8pm: Paraguay vs Mali and Israel vs Japan

Quarter finals are on Fri 2 August, one in each of those timeslots.

Last edited:
Charlotte Dujardin has pulled out of the games following a leaked video of a training session where she showed 'an error of judgment' - twitter awash with rumours but nothing said yet

Charlotte Dujardin has pulled out of the games following a leaked video of a training session where she showed 'an error of judgment' - twitter awash with rumours but nothing said yet
Eek - Could have beaten Laura Kenny's record of the most medals at the Olympics by a GB female competitor. Animal cruelty?

Says in her statement the video doesn't reflect how she trains her horse ir coaches her pupils, so could be anything.

Video is from 4 years ago so somebody has sat on this for a while, and leaked it purposely now

I shouldn't lol but watching her and her weird horse being massively pushed hard on BBC this is rather funny.

‘Animal lover’ probably doing what animal lovers do in order for them to compete.

It’s wild because in my experience equestrians are quite strict about seeing their horses as partners rather than servants.

Mens Rugby 7s kick off this afternoon, nice little starter before the official opening

Jeff will be excited about the start of the Olympics.
Not this one of course but the one next year, IOC have done a deal with Saudi Arabia (of course) for the Esport Olympics for next year

It's a farce now.

My interest in the Olympics today . . . none, zilch, nada.
There are certain blue riband sports that definitely maintain their draw. And some of the newer sports last time round were really exciting, like the skateboarding and the BMX. Historically, things like dance and even poetry recitals were part of the Olympiad, so there is at least some justification behind its inclusion.

There are certain blue riband sports that definitely maintain their draw. And some of the newer sports last time round were really exciting, like the skateboarding and the BMX. Historically, things like dance and even poetry recitals were part of the Olympiad, so there is at least some justification behind its inclusion.
I mean honestly if figure skating is in for the winter I don’t know what the problem is with other dance forms. Breaking certainly qualifies as an athletic skill IMO.

Back