• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Benik is a pro. Not the type to kick up a fuss if the club rejects a bid. Which we will do if anyone tries to sign him. It'd take north of £15M to sign Afobe.

It's the same reason the club would never had cashed in on Sako - the return from promotion is much, much more than any one-off cash sum we'd get from a sale.

It's the same reason the club would never had cashed in on Sako - the return from promotion is much, much more than any one-off cash sum we'd get from a sale.

I fully expect us not to sell him. Doesn't mean Jackett wont leave him out once we start repelling bids.

Can't see Afobe having his head turned and we wouldn't sell him anyway. Well he's performing well and scoring goals he's always going attract attention but that means he's doing his job properly.

K-Mac still not signing his contract just yet is more of an issue but his first couple of performances this season have been encouraging and I think we'll get that one resolved.

I definitely can't see Afobe wanting to leave. He has spent the past couple of years being farmed out on numerous loans by Arsenal. I imagine he just wants to settle down at one club and do well now. Next summer or the one after that, perhaps.

I believe Afobe will be a Premier League player in 12 months time - let's just hope it's with us. No chance he'll leave before then, unless someone wants to bid stupid money for him.

I believe Afobe will be a Premier League player in 12 months time - let's just hope it's with us. No chance he'll leave before then, unless someone wants to bid stupid money for him.

To be honest, even if we did get a silly offer, I can't see us letting him go. He's too important to us.

I would be more worried about someone poaching Iorfa at this stage. Reviews yesterday all over the net, were all sprinkled with wonderlust.

I would be more worried about someone poaching Iorfa at this stage. Reviews yesterday all over the net, were all sprinkled with wonderlust.

I wouldn't worry about Afobe, Iorfa and Co leaving before September 1st.

Be concerned if we have failed to get promoted next May though

I was thinking yesterday of the teams that need another decent RB, and West Brom came to mind. They need a decent dedicated RB instead of shoving CBs there.

Maybe even Stoke.

Can't see us agreeing to any bid this window.

No doubt there will be stupid desperation bids in Jan from failing PL teams, but can't see that any of them would entice the club or the player.

If we don't get promoted then next summer is another issue as has already been said.

No. Not worth it for us and not market value anyway. It'd take £15m+ for us to even think about it I reckon.

You'd only want (or need) to accept a bid like that if you were in a situation like when Robbie Keane went, where we needed the money because so many other areas needed urgent work. We're not in that position and we couldn't replace Afobe properly whatever sum we sold him for while we're in this league, so no.

Once again though in the medium term it highlights the folly of wanting Wolves to stay in the Championship, you can't keep players like that if you do.

The Prem profits next year are going to be astronomical, we'd be crazy to accept any bids for less than £100m.

Cannot see that a bid of any value is worthwhile to us at this point - the benefit of promotion is so much bigger.

He has more than 1 yr left on contract so if someone wants to bid the big money next summer if we are not promoted then fine, our hand may be forced then if as a player he believes its time to test himself at a higher level. Don't think that's the case right now.

I suppose there's a fair chance he'll also go if he bangs in a hatfull and gets us promoted. But no doubt for silly money and we'd find it easier to replace him.

With Iorfa worth upwards of £100m and Afobe around the £50m mark, together with Ismails £100m plus inflation, we are putting together a very valuable young squad.

With Iorfa worth upwards of £100m and Afobe around the £50m mark, together with Ismails £100m plus inflation, we are putting together a very valuable young squad.

Who has put those figures on the players?
Saying we shouldn't and won't sell is just stating the bleeding obvious. It will take a stupid offer for Morgan and Moxey to even consider it unless you'd rather believe they will be happier staying in the Championship?

Back