• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

So are we done with our business do you reckon? baring serious injury I would have a feeling we are strong enough.

According to Tim Mk II, jackett has said we're done. He also acknowledges that Jackett often tells the media and does another...

I don't think we are ever 'done'. If a target becomes available for a good price we would be on the case I would imagine.

Absolutely. But we are as done as far as we look strong across the squad.

My only worry is Golbourne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry about CB is Stearman or Baath are out we look weak

EEL needs a season on loan in L1 ( like Evans)

Hause is obviously inexperienced

We need another No 5 one with some experience

Without this solid back up I fear we will let in too many

If Golbourne ever gets injured again we should maybe look at Chilwell at Leicester. He played almost all their pre-season games at both LB and in a back three and impressed. There was even talk of him starting their first game but it was always unlikely given their options.

Absolutely. But we are as done as far as we look strong across the squad.

My only worry is Golbourne.

Why the worries about Golbourne, out of interest? (not a rhetorical question!)

Is the lack of crossing potentially something to do with confidence after the recurring foot injury, perhaps?

I worry about CB is Stearman or Baath are out we look weak

EEL needs a season on loan in L1 ( like Evans)

Hause is obviously inexperienced

We need another No 5 one with some experience

Without this solid back up I fear we will let in too many

I said at the end of last season that I was concerned about our defence.
As you say if either Batth or Stearman are missing, we look fragile and should they both be missing we would be up shit's creek without a paddle.
It was said that we had enough cover with Hause, EEL and if necessary Iorfe and while I agree with that, our cover is not of the quality we need to match our ambitions and feel we need another quality, experienced CB.

I am happier we have more defensive cover in midfield with the acquisition of Coady, and if necessary we can play both him and Price together with MacDonald sitting in front of a weakened back line. But this should be the exception rather than the rule.

Coady can play centre back too can't he? I'm not worried, Hause and EEL are young and the only way they can prove he selves at this level is by being given the opportunity. Hause in particular will benefit long term for the run of games.

I think if Golbourne isn't up to scratch this season fitness wise (if fully fit he's one of the best in the division) and Deslandes isn't ready then I think we will go for another loan from the Prem.

Not that I'm convinced there was any substance to our supposed interest in him, but looks like Jota is out for around three months so that puts that one firmly off the table.

We've all heard about Villa's interest in Afobe (no doubt started from that "chat" Sherwood had with him during the friendly), but The Express are now linking him with West Ham as well.

Do we think he'll be "unsettled" like McDonald and Sako last year?

He's on a long contract so no. He isn't going to jump ship after 6 months, especially when he is young and can see we are going places.

Back