• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Wouldn't surprise me if the offer is in double figures.

I can't see us selling though.

According to sky sources, Norwich have made "a substantial" bid for Afobe.

Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs says the club would only be willing to listen to offers of over €90m for Kevin De Bruyne.
Thats substantial.

"Substantial" to Sky could be anything: maybe they're comparing Norwich's bid with what they believe Benik to be worth. In that case the bid could only be £6-7m.

£15M to even get us at the table.

Amount of money to be paid to the team finishing bottom of the Premier league next season is north of £100m isn't it? Is even £15 worth it as short term cash with no real time to replace Afobe?

They'll clearly go in with a derisory offer in order to attempt to turn Benik's head.

Nobody will go in with a £15m offer straight off the bat.

We're quite a difficult club to buy from. We're one of the favourites to go up this season, the squad appear to get on well with each other, we've excellent facilities and a massive fan base - plus we don't need the money. Afobe hasn't been here long and after numerous loans I think he wants to settle at a club and get his head down. There's also a very realistic chance Norwich could be back in the championship next season. I understand their interest, of course - Afobe is one of the best players outside of the premier league - but Norwich must realise Wolves aren't a club that NEED to sell and I'd say its very unlikely Afobe will have his head turned.

If it was a top 10 premier league club coming in it might be different, but even then, they'd still have to bid a massive amount for us to even accept it.

Just waiting for the Depress and Blah to get hold of this and the inevitable knee jerk headlines/reactions from some.

We're quite a difficult club to buy from. We're one of the favourites to go up this season, the squad appear to get on well with each other, we've excellent facilities and a massive fan base - plus we don't need the money. Afobe hasn't been here long and after numerous loans I think he wants to settle at a club and get his head down. There's also a very realistic chance Norwich could be back in the championship next season. I understand their interest, of course - Afobe is one of the best players outside of the premier league - but Norwich must realise Wolves aren't a club that NEED to sell and I'd say its very unlikely Afobe will have his head turned.

If it was a top 10 premier league club coming in it might be different, but even then, they'd still have to bid a massive amount for us to even accept it.

Agree with all of this.

Norwich missed the boat on Afobe seven months ago, they'll have to look elsewhere.

Yep - spot on. And Moxey and co will be well aware of the backlash they'd receive if they sold.

Don't go on the thread on Molineux Mix re. this whatever you do. I feel quite suicidal now...

He'll be playing against Sako at Palace next season, in your dreams.

Returned the favour :boxing:

Back