• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

Worth remembering that Benik had offers from premiership teams last season before he chose us. Also the way we handled the Sako situation shows we value promotion over short term profits. I'm sure he'll stay but as has been said he'll be gone this time next year if we're still in this league.

Fake account.

you just have to scroll down a little... I particularly like "Leon Clarke has described scoring the winning goal as similar to losing his virginity in a caravan in Tipton."

You'd have to be a bit simple to fall for that, seeing as the last tweet on that account was on Feb 25th

I liked this one -

4Ckbx4n.png

Sako let his contract run down. He didn't want to go anywhere in the January window and the club were powerless to force him to move.

I mean, seriously? You didn't believe that guff from the club saying they didn't want to sell him did you? Jeez.......

What about the bids from Forest that we repeatedly turned down in League One?

Actually why I am even bothering to engage with you.

Sako let his contract run down. He didn't want to go anywhere in the January window and the club were powerless to force him to move.

I mean, seriously? You didn't believe that guff from the club saying they didn't want to sell him did you? Jeez.......

Since Morgan came to the club how many players have we sold against the wishes (or expectations) of the fans? We are just not a selling club. Fletcher and Jarvis aside I can't think of any other instance when the club has simply looked to offload players for a profit and Jarvis and Fletcher were exceptions to the rule - it is not exactly unique to see a relegated side from the Premier League lose a few of their better players.

There are a few players we have missed out on where we have refused to get involved in bidding wars on wages and transfer fees in the last few years, there aren't many examples of us being wrong in our assessment of their worth, indeed some have gone onto less than stellar careers elsewhere.

Forest offered us less than we paid, which kind of proves my point once again don't you think?

Other than Jarvis and Fletcher, which other players have we had the opportunity to sell for a profit then?

Back