• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

I loved him as a player. Really believed he could become a legend.
I can take someone leaving to better themselves. But I struggle with the fact that he was borderline deceitful in all the interviews he gave whilst injured, and then actively engineered his own exit.
Plus, he went to stoke. Stoke FFS.

:icon_lol:

Time is clearly a great healer.

All his bollox about "Us players are at fault for the relegation, we owe it to the fans to get us back up"....(right, how do I get the fuck out of here and sharpish!) Fuck him

Kightly made all that noise for nigh on 20 months. During that time we gave him a new contract. Then, as soon as relegation was confirmed, he was actively looking to exit.
My anger with him isn't because he left. It's because he came out with so much guff that was completely contradicted by his behaviour. It made me wonder which of his 2 faces his mother used to kiss him on when tucking the judas bastard into bed at night.

I'd place yourself under a home curfew on 7th November LJ :bobby2:

I couldn't help myself with Halford last season, the waste of skin. I think I'd boo Paul Stewart if I saw him walking on the opposite side of the road to me.

Fat Darren was shit. Every week he was shit. Despite this, a few managers played him. It wasn't his fault he was shit. He'd never have had a career had his dad not been fergie. I wouldn't boo someone just because they were shit.
Kightly chose to act the cunt and contradict every word he'd said.

Oh yeah, I didn't boo Olofinjana and I wouldn't boo Hunt, Zubar, Nouble or whoever, even though I thought they were dreadful. Halford is a cunt though, so is Johnson if he ever comes back (unlikely).

Radio won't shut up about interest in Afobe, on the plus side if they come back with a huge offer, we at least know Dwight Gayle is available for £6 million!

The simple fact is the statement allows no backsliding on price. It is unequivocal. Not for sale either now or in January.

we at least know Dwight Gayle is available for £6 million!

This is (one of many) reasons why we won't sell, to get anyone half decent to fill the gap we'd immediately lose half of what we got for selling him, adding in what we paid to get Afobe in the first place and that makes it the majority lost.

I loved him as a player. Really believed he could become a legend.
I can take someone leaving to better themselves. But I struggle with the fact that he was borderline deceitful in all the interviews he gave whilst injured, and then actively engineered his own exit.
Plus, he went to stoke. Stoke FFS.

I was annoyed at the time, but in hindsight, with all the shit going on behind the scene, you can understand him wanting out.

What do we think Arsenal's sell on clause would be? 25%?

It’s truly amazing that after just a few short months of Championship football with us, prior to which he was worth £2m, he is somehow now worth ten times that amount.

Wim great aye we?

It’s truly amazing that after just a few short months of Championship football with us, prior to which he was worth £2m, he is somehow now worth ten times that amount.

Wim great aye we?

How much do you think he is worth?
Do you think that comparing the prices paid for other strikers who have scored less goals than Afobe is not a solid way of assessing his value?

Wim great aye we?

Although, I find it easier to ignore you on this occasion I'll give you an answer. It really doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what he's worth based on what clubs are currently bidding for lesser strikers, does it?

Wim great aye we?

It's acknowledged we got him for a ridiculously low price. I think he's better than £9m Andre Gray.

Instead of acting like a prat, why don't you try and engage?

The whole thing of value in football is just nonsense, it's pretty much impossible to really but a true value on anyone, some people seemingly go dirt cheap for whatever reason whereas others can sail miles above any sort of realistic price because of the relative positions of the clubs involved.

Although recent transfers and offers have seemingly inflated the Championship forward market at the minute I don't for any minute think a Premier League club, or anyone for that matter, paying £10m+ for Afobe represents good value, whilst he's a very good finisher I'm yet to be convinced he offers a great deal more than that at the moment. Despite Jackett insisting on playing him in a somewhat withdrawn role I don't think he offers a great deal to general play in that area, despite being pretty comfortable carrying the ball, pretty much everyone of his goals for MK Dons in the video when Wolves signed him were the result of him playing off the last man being very much the finishing touch to attacks rather than creator, perhaps a move back to that situation, despite him apparently getting bored playing that way, would allow him to focus more on his strengths, improve his movement and potentially become a very good striker in that mould rather than perhaps being not quite so good as a deeper player.

Back