• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

It's nonsense, a player's worth is what someone is prepared to pay for him, fans are always going to say, 'yeah he can go but it's gonna cost you twelve million', likewise CEO's i would imagine.

Afobe's value to Wolves could be a hundred million if his goals enable promotion this season.

Player values are dictated by the market, dependent on position, nationality and age.

What a player is actually worth is irrelevant. The market is heavily inflated in both the top tiers of England at the minute so valuations have to fall in line with that and clubs bid accordingly.

Maybe we should use Football Manager Stats to see who they think is better between Gray and Afobe too...

Player values are dictated by the market, dependent on position, nationality and age.

What a player is actually worth is irrelevant. The market is heavily inflated in both the top tiers of England at the minute so valuations have to fall in line with that and clubs bid accordingly.

Not to mention their importance to both the selling and buying clubs, their respective financial situations, the player's willingness to play for either club and all matter of other stuff.

There's no real true price for any player.

Not to mention their importance to both the selling and buying clubs, their respective financial situations, the player's willingness to play for either club and all matter of other stuff.

There's no real true price for any player.

Take Spurs and Harry Kane as an example, with him they gain a Europa league spot, without him they still finish top ten.
They should accept the first 50 million bid that lands on the table, they wont because they have to pretend to the fans that they have higher ambitions.

Oh yeah, I seem to remember how much you guys thought Sako was worth to us in January - just 6 months before he walked out the door for nothing.

Take Spurs and Harry Kane as an example, with him they gain a Europa league spot, without him they still finish top ten.
They should accept the first 50 million bid that lands on the table, they wont because they have to pretend to the fans that they have higher ambitions.

Not the greatest example for me, I'm not convinced last season's goal scoring exploits are a true reflection of Kane's ability. I'd be tempted by considerably less than £50m.

Oh yeah, I seem to remember how much you guys thought Sako was worth to us in January - just 6 months before he walked out the door for nothing.

So if we sold Afobe next week, how much would you be happy with?

Because he was out of contract having been with us for 3 years, and Afobe only signed for us in January. As you well know. In fact, why am I even bothering?

Back