• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2015/2016 Summer Improvement Thread

It's really quite remarkable how we've managed to only sell fringe players or massive wantaways over the past four or five years. Moxey doesn't get enough credit in this regard.

Out of curiosity, how much did we sell Robbie Keane for?

Cheers for coming Norwich. See you later. Bye now.

A definite statement from the Wolves board to end any speculation. Great stuff.

Now that's what i'm talking about. That should stop anybody worrying that we are going to sell our best players but that does now mean we have to get promoted this season.

Cheers for coming Norwich. See you later. Bye now.

A definite statement from the Wolves board to end any speculation. Great stuff.

No...They've put that statement out to fool the fans and are secretly working out how much money Norwich want off us to take Afobe because we don't really want any good players here and have no desire to get promoted

No...They've put that statement out to fool the fans and are secretly working out how much money Norwich want off us to take Afobe because we don't really want any good players here and have no desire to get promoted

We win more games down here after all...

Now that's what i'm talking about. That should stop anybody worrying that we are going to sell our best players but that does now mean we have to get promoted this season.

Ah, yes, but it says we're not selling any of our *forward* players. Cue pant wetting about Iorfa.

Other than Jarvis and Fletcher, which other players have we had the opportunity to sell for a profit then?

McDonald, Henry, Baath, Doyle, Sako, Dicko to name a few and I think we could have got our money back or more on the likes of Stearman and others - if we had wanted to sell them would all have gone for more than we paid. I also forgot about Kightly who, like Fletcher, made it clear he wanted to leave,

In the period of Morgan's tenure at the club there have been very few outgoing transfers that would be seen purely as an opportunity to make a profit on a player - most have either been released on a free or their contract has run out.

Great to see a positive no nonsense statement from the club. End of any speculation ......

McDonald, Henry, Baath, Doyle, Sako, Dicko to name a few and I think we could have got our money back or more on the likes of Stearman and others - if we had wanted to sell them would all have gone for more than we paid. I also forgot about Kightly who, like Fletcher, made it clear he wanted to leave,

In the period of Morgan's tenure at the club there have been very few outgoing transfers that would be seen purely as an opportunity to make a profit on a player - most have either been released on a free or their contract has run out.

Didn't Kightly say that he wanted to stay as a gesture of loyalty as the club had stuck by him through his terrible injuries? Isn't that the reason why Lemonjelly hates him so much?

McIndoe or Mark Davies spring to mind but there were circumstances why both of these had to go. Was Olifinjana under Morgans stewardship?

Was Olifinjana under Morgans stewardship?

Yeah, he signed a deal with an agreement he could go for £3m if we didn't go up in 2007/8. Stoke were stupid enough to pay it, I'd have sold him for 3p.

Didn't Kightly say that he wanted to stay as a gesture of loyalty as the club had stuck by him through his terrible injuries? Isn't that the reason why Lemonjelly hates him so much?

McIndoe or Mark Davies spring to mind but there were circumstances why both of these had to go. Was Olifinjana under Morgans stewardship?
Kightly made all that noise for nigh on 20 months. During that time we gave him a new contract. Then, as soon as relegation was confirmed, he was actively looking to exit.
My anger with him isn't because he left. It's because he came out with so much guff that was completely contradicted by his behaviour. It made me wonder which of his 2 faces his mother used to kiss him on when tucking the judas bastard into bed at night.

Kightly made all that noise for nigh on 20 months. During that time we gave him a new contract. Then, as soon as relegation was confirmed, he was actively looking to exit.
My anger with him isn't because he left. It's because he came out with so much guff that was completely contradicted by his behaviour. It made me wonder which of his 2 faces his mother used to kiss him on when tucking the judas bastard into bed at night.

:icon_lol:

Time is clearly a great healer.

Back