• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tetchy Rish! at it again

That is going to be mighty close to breaking the broadcasting code if he deviates even slightly from answering the questions

I'm sure the audience will be selected to ensure a good cross section of the UK.

GBeebies should have it’s licence revoked about one day after the next election

If anyone heard Lewis Goodall and JRM going at each other the other day its well worth a listen. JRM trying to claim that Goodall is too far to the left and therefore needs to watch his back in order to adhere to OFCOM guidance whilst claiming that Gbeebies complies with all such codes. He's an odious cretin and I'll think we'll see a lot more accusations of broadcasters impartiality as a way of not answering questions.

It would tremendous, Starmer may even try the odd social democratic policy. Not going to happen though for a number of reasons - turnout and the silent Tories being the main. I think he'll have a decent majority, but more like 60 than a complete landslide.

I would be laughing if they weren’t even the official opposition but that feels like a leap.

I would be laughing if they weren’t even the official opposition but that feels like a leap.

I was thinking about that the other day, and wondering if the Lib Dems and the SNP could come up with a Westminster coalition immediately post election to become the official opposition. If it's constitutionally allowed it'd surely be in theirs and Labour's interests to relegate the Tories physically to the fringes of the house and basically make them an irrelevance. All the Dems would need to do is say they'll support and indy ref and it'd be job done

I think it automatically goes to the second biggest party. Mind you constitutional law was 35 years ago and I slept through a lot of the lectures

I think it automatically goes to the second biggest party. Mind you constitutional law was 35 years ago and I slept through a lot of the lectures
It does and that is mainly because our political system has tended towards two main parties. The role of the official opposition is
to oppose, to criticise and to replace. Theoretically, a coalition of parties could form the official opposition but there would likely need to be an intent for that coalition to be a government in waiting if necessary.

It does and that is mainly because our political system has tended towards two main parties. The role of the official opposition is
to oppose, to criticise and to replace. Theoretically, a coalition of parties could form the official opposition but there would likely need to be an intent for that coalition to be a government in waiting if necessary.

I think in terms of policy there'd be a lot of shared ground tbh. Though if it meant a few ministerial positions the Lib Dems would form a coalition with Kim Jong

express today is a gem. Underneath a photo from a commemoration of “amazing” Brianna Ghey (their quote marks, not mine, make of that what you will) they have a lead of Grant Shapps saying woke culture is poisoning common sense.

Lovely. Absolute cunts.

It's annoying me that nobody is pointing out the hypocrisy in Sunak's comments. He's referenced Brianna as she/her on more than one occasion (as is right) but nobody seems to be pointing out that he can't have it both ways. Presumably it's the same in the likes of the Mail and Express; they're constantly saying that trans women aren't women, stoking the culture war, but will no doubt be using she/her when talking about Brianna.

It's annoying me that nobody is pointing out the hypocrisy in Sunak's comments. He's referenced Brianna as she/her on more than one occasion (as is right) but nobody seems to be pointing out that he can't have it both ways. Presumably it's the same in the likes of the Mail and Express; they're constantly saying that trans women aren't women, stoking the culture war, but will no doubt be using she/her when talking about Brianna.
Not a defence of him, more a criticism, I don't believe he's the nasty, vicious bigoted wanker he and his team have decided is the stance he's going to take into the election. It's not authentic in the way I think it is with Badenoch or Braverman. When you get more natural moments he'll refer to Brianna as she because it's the empathetic, human thing to do. When it's scripted he's playing that role he/they have built for him. The language on asylum seekers the same. It's a problem for him when people in his culture wars become real rather than just abstract.

Back