• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2021 transfer window

If we're not looking to improve (which is what I meant by 'push on') what on earth is the point of changing coaches.
Very good question. I'm not sure I understand Fosun's pov in this at all. I genuinely feel like it's a massive mistake.

Very good question. I'm not sure I understand Fosun's pov in this at all. I genuinely feel like it's a massive mistake.
If they appoint Lage there's going to be a fracture in the fanbase from the get go - people are already arguing about it now. With Nuno apart from a vocal minority on social media it still at least felt like everyone was pulling in the same direction. I also think they've made a big error in judgement.

Thats on the assumption Fosun actively wanted to change coach.

Thats on the assumption Fosun actively wanted to change coach.
I think we just have to take them at their word that it was mutual. Which, to me, means that at the very least they didn't fight hard enough to keep him.

After a fairly decent article the other day Tim has written some utter speculative guff today on our transfer policy.

I think we just have to take them at their word that it was mutual. Which, to me, means that at the very least they didn't fight hard enough to keep him.
To me, it just says they were having doubts and so was Nuno. Since it was announced the behaviour of the club and Nuno doesn't scream sacked. Will never know fully but I am firmly in the not sacked camp.

Yeah maybe it was actually mutual, problem is we're all just speculating on the media speculation and I don't trust any of them shitehawks to let facts get in the way of a lovely bit of clickbait.
Maybe the conversation went along the lines of " Nuno, we're reining in our spending, we gunna sell our best assets and replace with youth, becoming a regular top 6 team isn't as important as it was" to which Nuno replies "Ah, I can't work like that'.......thats my speculation anyway😁 which I'd be fine with.
Doubt we'll ever know the truth of it

It does feel that when Spiers writes stuff that we don't like the idea of (having no money, selling Neves) it's dismissed as guff.
Its difficult to put much stock in his stories when they contradict each other, that's positive or negative. Generally it comes across as at best, speculation based on rumour, at worst made up.
Like most of these types of article by most outlets.

Believe you me, if Neves is sold for that amount and there isn't a significant spend this summer then people including myself will seriously question what Fosun actually want for this club. Especially now FFP wouldn't hold them back.

What still noodles my noggin is the Semedo transfer. Whether you rate him or not spending that much money on a RB when money is tight makes no sense.

Unless it was a down payment for another Barca player this summer

Neto has put up a post on Instagram tagging Wolves and saying "See you next season", but it lasted 14 minutes before he removed the "See you next season" part.

and here comes the meldown...

It does feel that when Spiers writes stuff that we don't like the idea of (having no money, selling Neves) it's dismissed as guff.
Not overly bothered about the content, its more the way its written. Does this even make sense?

Recruitment had expected to take a turn towards domestic additions this summer, at Nuno’s behest, but in his absence that may no longer be the case, albeit Wolves do plan to veer slightly away from Mendes in terms of the influence he had over last year’s hit-and-miss additions (five of last summer’s six signings were directly or indirectly through him). If the same is true of their manager search, then there may yet be a surprise appointment.

Neto has put up a post on Instagram tagging Wolves and saying "See you next season", but it lasted 14 minutes before he removed the "See you next season" part.

and here comes the meldown...
That seems odd, but he is injured till October isn't he? Can't see him being sold anymore than i can see Jonny, Raul or Podence going.

The first sentence is far too long with massively iffy syntax and he's missing at least one word, "recruitment" isn't an entity so it needs to be passive.

If he wants me to proofread his stuff then my rates are very low.

He hasn’t got a bad record has he though? He’s got a 10 game spell which wasn’t even that bad. Klopp had a worse spell this season.

He hasn’t got a bad record has he though? He’s got a 10 game spell which wasn’t even that bad. Klopp had a worse spell this season.
Wasn't even that bad? It was one of the worst runs in Benfica's history.

Back