• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

No idea why France don't call him up, particularly as they have called Sakho up fairly recently.

Aymeric Laporte has 0 caps. Do not try to understand the mind of Didier Deschamps. The spawniest manager in the world.

It is wild to think that they won a World Cup with absolutely zero depth behind Varane and Umtiti. It's not as if Pavard and Hernandez were world beaters, either (although Pavard did have that ridiculous peach of a volley).

Pavard and Hernandez are very good. They've got ridiculous depth at centre back but somehow manage to pick the horrors.

Umtiti was good but his injuries have completely ravaged him.

They had Adil Rami on the bench for the final, which is almost offensively stupid.

They had Adil Rami on the bench for the final, which is almost offensively stupid.
Oh it's beyond that!

Upamecano, Konate, Kounde and Laporte don't have a cap between them and would walk into most teams in Europe. Crazy.

As Dan says, don't try to understand what Deschamps is doing :D

Read something saying we are considering selling Neto for close to £50m. I hope not, I'd sooner sell Jota than Neto. Neto is going to be special.

Read something saying we are considering selling Neto for close to £50m. I hope not, I'd sooner sell Jota than Neto. Neto is going to be special.

Much as I love Diogo agree with that 100%

That doesn’t make any sense. Neto is going to be class. And I’d rather keep him and Jota.

Buy low. Sell high. A very simple way of dealing with FFP. That sort of profit on one player opens up a whole world of opportunities. However, that sort of money on a player who spends most of his time on the bench seems a bit fanciful.

The clubs spending £50m on any player this Summer will be few and far between. The transfer market is going to be reset

Where did you read that ?

Quite. If United are trying to get Sancho for that amount :ursofunny: then no way anyone pays that for Neto at the moment

Where did you read that ?

I honestly can't remember and I can't find the page now, it came up on my internet news feed. I think it was from a Portuguese site, something AS maybe?

Was a sport witness article I saw rehashing it from somewhere.

Buy low. Sell high. A very simple way of dealing with FFP. That sort of profit on one player opens up a whole world of opportunities. However, that sort of money on a player who spends most of his time on the bench seems a bit fanciful.

While I'd tend to agree that £50m for someone who doesn't start many games seems fanciful it's pretty obvious that Neto has the potential to be a proper star. Which is why I think Fosun with their business acumen would hold onto him for a couple of years to maximise their profit if anything. CL qualification will sort FFP out anyway. :)

I don't think we're so special yet that we'll never sell a good player ever again.

Back