• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

As someone who can play in a midfield 3 he'd do well. He may be able to play in a 2 as well.

I really rate him and think he'll do very well at his next club

I'd have Brooks to play as the most forward midfielder in a 352, but after being out for a year I'd want to see more first and our scouting network could probably find cheaper and possibly better elsewhere.

Wouldn't want anyone from Bournemouth - the way they play comes from the top & will be difficult to eradicate

Brooks stands out for Bournemouth as he was the only one trying something different when in possession. . Serious talent but you wouldn't want him out wide, and then I don't know enough about him to know if he could be the "runner" when we play 3 in the middle

Wonder if Sheffield United would try and bring Brooks back if Bournemouth went down.

Is this like when I liked Ben Marshall more than everyone else?

I think people rate him but cant quite place him in our team

I honestly think, in time, Brooks could start to do what Moutinho does for us. He's some way off right now but I do see bags of potential

I'm firmly back on the Morgan Sanson train for CM. He looks perfect for eventually replacing Moutinho. Good all rounder, energetic, pacy, can be box-to-box, good dribbler and shooter, and likes to get stuck in defensively.

He could play in a two or three no problem.

I honestly think, in time, Brooks could start to do what Moutinho does for us. He's some way off right now but I do see bags of potential

I find that a very strange comparison!

We wont go anywhere near Brooks for the Moutinho replacement when it comes. He is Aldi and we will be shopping in Selfridges

Brooks is not a CM. He's ok but we already have better.

he can play as a 10 i guess, not a cm though, nice to have options..think he has a lot of potential

What's the situation with Patrick Cutrone? Is he our problem or Fiorentina's? And presumably as we don't want him back we're still looking for a back up to Raul?

What's the situation with Patrick Cutrone? Is he our problem or Fiorentina's? And presumably as we don't want him back we're still looking for a back up to Raul?

I think they have an obligation to buy which is just as well as he's only scored 1 since going there and struggles to get minutes off the bench.

I doubt we will look for a like for like backup to Raul as he literally never comes off unless it's a sub to kill a bit of clock late in games. Hard to attract a player of sufficient quality who knows they'll play the odd cup game only barring any injuries.

I feel sorry for Patrick. It didn't work for him here (largely because of how good Raul is) but he isn't a bad striker at all. For the minutes he was actually on the pitch (not enough to judge him positively or negatively really) his record is actually quite good. He clearly didn't have the patience to wait for his opportunity here, which is a shame but his choice.

I hope he can make it work with Fiorentina anyway

They are committed to him after an unspecified number of games across the 18 months. It's not meant to be that many, so I think they'd have to ostracise him next season to not trigger it.

I feel sorry for Patrick. It didn't work for him here (largely because of how good Raul is) but he isn't a bad striker at all. For the minutes he was actually on the pitch (not enough to judge him positively or negatively really) his record is actually quite good. He clearly didn't have the patience to wait for his opportunity here, which is a shame but his choice.

I hope he can make it work with Fiorentina anyway
I've been watching match highlights from the start of the season recently and he seemed to get more game time than I remember. Was good with his feet and seemed to have a good footballing brain but his finishing was largely pup. Can't knock his desire and pashun tho. If he could finish he could have had half a dozen goals in the first couple of months of the season and things may have been different.

Accidentally watched the wrong West Ham highlights the other day and his finish against them was excellent.

Think it was more about confidence and not being happy about not starting (though he did get quite a few chances). Still think he could be good for us, but no point in keeping him if he isn’t going to fit in.

Back