• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

I don’t even know what position he plays anymore?

He doesn’t come here and get ahead of Neves/Joao in a midfield two. I suppose he could play in an advanced role in a midfield three but that’s what we’ve bought Vitinha for. He won’t play wing back, I’d have thought.

So strange link all around. Especially for over £20m.
He'd probably play off the right. But we already have three people who can play there.

Dunno - can play in lots of positions, skilful, pretty quick and can pick a pass. We won’t sign him though, he doesn’t suit the Fosun investment method.

a bola are reporting porto will accept 20m euros for telles....

Maybe the player needs convincing?

Man Utd seem to have been favouring Reguilon the whole time so I'd imagine Telles (or his agent) probably has wind of that and not being their first choice. And as much as we're on the up, it's a step down from that or staying at Porto and being a free agent in a year to committing to us.

Also (as has been covered) why it's beneficial we don't have many leaks.

Madness not to at that price. Surely he can be convinced of the "project"?

We could buy a cheap steady defender to tide us over at RWB until Jonny is fit.

If Telles and Corona are available for around £45m for the pair it would be madness not to get them. That's less than a Tarkowski bid from Wham.

My concern is that if we were going to get either of them then we probably would have by now, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t pay the asking price for either and they’re both positions we need. Maybe they don’t want to come or Nuno doesn’t fancy them?

Marcos Acuña has gone to Sevilla. Hopefully that means Reguilón to United and Telles to Wolves.

Tbf re Telles, he'd be mad not to wait until United are ruled out. I can't believe we wouldn't be interested in either at that money, but we can't expect to be at the top of their wish lists given we're not in Europe

Tbf re Telles, he'd be mad not to wait until United are ruled out. I can't believe we wouldn't be interested in either at that money, but we can't expect to be at the top of their wish lists given we're not in Europe

This is what I think - if we were to get him it would be a bonus but it's only going to be if he doesn't have a better option i.e. Europe. The 'project' only gets you so far.

No Kilman on the bench today. With Marcal able to drop into CB and Donck likewise can’t imagine a spot opening up with a RWB likely to be added. So I imagine a move is being arranged for him, most likely loan.

Bennett clearly on the way out too but we knew that already.

Nuno again saying post match that the squad needs more balance, it's not complete, that we're working hard and anything can happen.

Marcal is clearly a good defender, but I still think if there's a chance for telles we've got to take it, even if it's on the last day of the window. Obviously RWB is crucial

Nuno again saying post match that the squad needs more balance, it's not complete, that we're working hard and anything can happen.

Marcal is clearly a good defender, but I still think if there's a chance for telles we've got to take it, even if it's on the last day of the window. Obviously RWB is crucial
I've not seen Telles, his critics though say he's a YouTube player?

Wouldn't mind Lamptey for RWB he looks great :icon_lol:

Sheffield United fans seem to think we have bid for Baldock.

Back