• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Silva was announced at 17:21 yesterday on Twitter.

No chance of another marquee after Silva..
We haven't even spent the £55m we received in fees yet, never mind this season's transfer kitty. Plus FFP this season is combined into next season too.

Perfect window to splash the cash IMO.

Not sure where we could have a marquee signing though? CB perhaps?

Not giving that site any credence (never heard of them let alone looked at it) but if Fabio's fee is amortised over five years then we've barely scratched £10m of the Costa, Cav and Doherty money yet. So it could be financially possible another big name is incoming.

Andre Gomes has just been released from the Portugal squad... injury or signing elsewhere?

Could easily buy Todibo and Soumare outright, plus a RWB.

Of course. Not sure either would be my definition of marquee though - Soumare on potential perhaps. But I would assume he would be a loan to buy.

Loan to buy makes no difference when the accounting for this season and next is merged into one.

I just feel the whole ‘marquee’ thing as being at odds with the pack and possibly “no dickheads” too.

I just feel the whole ‘marquee’ thing as being at odds with the pack and possibly “no dickheads” too.

How do you define “marquee” in over 30 years of following Wolves there was never a signing in the realms of Moutinho, he was definitely “marquee” for me and is neither of the things you suggest.

How do you define “marquee” in over 30 years of following Wolves there was never a signing in the realms of Moutinho, he was definitely “marquee” for me and is neither of the things you suggest.
I guess it's relative to your position at the time. Andy Gray was as was Geoff Thomas even Kevin McDonald for where we were at. Now we shop outside of the British Isles I struggle to put anyone in that bracket as I don't know them. Fabio Silva is our record signing, I didn't know who he was before 3pm yesterday

Geoff Thomas was such a phenomenal signing. Massive disappointment that we didn’t get to see more of him.

Back