• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2020 Transfer Window (Extended Version)

Well a day of no panicking was fun at least.

Saw something last week on twitter (or might even have been here?) about a Portuguese removals company at his house. If true I think this is long planned.

Think the guy who first mentioned it last night was the same chap who said Fabio Silva was coming here a couple of days before the deal happened so this is probably true.

Seems an odd one - it's his time to shine and I always thought he was highly rated. Guess not!

England were their most successful when they did away with wingers and I think that at the time we were labelled as the wingless wonders. Wingbackless wonders doesn't have the same ring to it!

Can we play without wingbacks though? Not sure we have the CBs to play a flat back four.

Well, we definitely do not!

Vinagre has gone back to Portugal, at least all his belongings did a couple of weeks ago. I thought at the time he was moving in permanently but looks to be the opposite.

I think given the link above I can now say this?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I’d be gutted if Rúben went. Hope this isn’t true

Saw something last week on twitter (or might even have been here?) about a Portuguese removals company at his house. If true I think this is long planned.

Strange, in my 30+ years in transport I don't think I've ever seen a Portuguese transport company? I would have thought it easier and cheaper to container it to Lisbon or Algercias in Spain, I'd take that with a massive pinch of salt if I were you :)

It's a surprising one to me - not our style to sell a young player like that at all. Guess Nuno must think we can't make it, or he's evolving the style of play.

Strange, in my 30+ years in transport I don't think I've ever seen a Portuguese transport company? I would have thought it easier and cheaper to container it to Lisbon or Algercias in Spain, I'd take that with a massive pinch of salt if I were you :)
Well there was one, a wagon and two smaller vans - dont think they actually filled one of them.

He could never work out what day was bin day so I doubt he'd orchestrate what you were suggesting!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Can we play without wingbacks though? Not sure we have the CBs to play a flat back four.

Well, we definitely do not!
Boly, Donck and Saiss could all play in a 4. I wouldn't want them to though. It also leaves Coady on the bench as he can't

Well I didn’t rate the guy (defensively suspect and his attacking output is a myth). But I was willing to give him at least 4 weeks at the start of the season to prove me wrong and hope the consistent run of games might improve him.

But him to be leaving with 0 fit first team wing backs is crazy. Guess we’ve got to “trust the club have someone lined up”.

It's a surprising one to me - not our style to sell a young player like that at all. Guess Nuno must think we can't make it, or he's evolving the style of play.

or Rubes Jnr wants to go home. Sometimes things are out of the control of the club and Nuno won't keep any player if they are unhappy

Gutted if he is going and I hope Porto fans get to see a Youtube video of his craziest step overs in the coming days if he is off

I don’t doubt we’ve got a plan if he does go but we’ll definitely be starting the season on the back foot.

If it means we get Telles then I'd be all for it.

If it means we shove Marcal back out there where he struggled for Lyon then not so good.

Boly, Donck and Saiss could all play in a 4. I wouldn't want them to though. It also leaves Coady on the bench as he can't

The biggest issue is not having a RB in the entire squad. (Excluding Buur).

Not sure I fancy the idea of Saiss and Donck in a four!!

This guy did also say Esteves would be announced at Wolves "in a matter of hours" at 2pm yesterday. A few over on the Mix are saying Esteves is done too - but seems odd for the club not to announce.

Well a day of no panicking was fun at least.

Any idea where he lived? If it was in the house that Cav used to live in, then yes there were some Portuguese removal vans there recently.

The biggest issue is not having a RB in the entire squad. (Excluding Buur).
I don't think 4 at the back is the strategy, but it would be easier to recruit standard full backs than wing backs. We have Coady remember [emoji3]
Not sure I fancy the idea of Saiss and Donck in a four!!

This guy did also say Esteves would be announced at Wolves "in a matter of hours" at 2pm yesterday. A few over on the Mix are saying Esteves is done too - but seems odd for the club not to announce.
I think Saiss plays centre half in a 4 for Morroco and Donck did for Anderlecht

Back