• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

The average age of our squad is dropping, which I really like. We are going to have players that can be here for a decade.

:icon_lol:

As a heads up: Cutrone is so rubbish that he was the only striker not to be transfer listed by AC Milan in 2018, and signed a new contract 10 months ago.. Hmm..

He could of course have also looked pissed off because he was having mics shoved in his face after a long flight and before he could even get out of the airport

Probably a bit of jet lag after flying half way around the World too..

Hes a millionaire football player with agents, lawyers, etc who can all give him advice. Hardly a kid at 21, I had graduated uni and lived on 4 different continents at his age, with no money and no help.
He will not start in milan this season. Oh no, he temporarily has to change one mansion in milan for a mansion in england and suffer a three hour trip on a private plane.
For someone with so much life experience, you aren’t half ignorant.

He'll feel better when he gets to his multi-million pound mansion in Wolverhampton.

Edit:

EAfJxqlXoAAZ3C5.jpg

"Good luck to the wolf"

If Patrick Cutrone was pissed off when he arrived at the airport he was still not pissed off enough to do selfies with the fans. And Monnstrum, you're talking bollocks. My son is 20, would absolutely understand needing a lot of convincing in similar circs. And sadly, who the hell are Wolves to an Italian 21 year old? Christ a few seasons ago we were playing Stevenage - that possibly wasn't on TV in Italy....

In bocca al lupo is good luck, not to the wolf as such but definitely looks like he's off. Just hopefully not to West Spam

"In the mouth of the wolf" isn't it? Which I assume is an Italian saying for good luck then.

I bloody love this. We're not going to get all our targets, but we are just roaming round Europe getting the best young players we can. Players are signing from Real Madrid and AC Milan. I can barely believe I am typing that

"In the mouth of the wolf" isn't it? Which I assume is an Italian saying for good luck then.

Yes, that is its literal meaning. I meant that it doesn't mean good luck to the wolf as such but the wolf is part of the good luck bit. Yes, it is AC Milan wishing him luck, hopefully prior to him joining us

Still scarred by Mbami, Dann and Sidwell :jack:, so no chicken-counting yet!

On the plus side for the lad though, the burger van outside the North Bank has been replaced by an Italian Cuisine van, even painted in the colours of the Italian flag. Hope he likes over cooked pizza
Is it cashless?
The other point to note is he'd be coming initially as first reserve, so he'd be swapping one bench for another. I'm sure he'd get plenty of pitch time but he's not coming in ahead of Raul straight away, something else for him to consider

Or we can look at having one of the midfield three out and playing

-------------------Raul-----Cutrone

-----------------------Jota

Seen a few people mooting Jota as a #10, not for me. All his best work is done on the shoulder of the last man, he isn't a creative genius as such.

I think that would be more likely and push Raul out a bit further to the right.

Back