• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

I don't know if I'd say that Fosun spring lots of surprises on us in the transfer market.

From memory, we knew that Neves, Patricio, Moutinho, Traore and Dendoncker were on their way a fair bit before it was made official. The big ticket signings tend to be leaked ahead of time.

Patrício and Moutinho would've come completely out of the blue if it wasn't for one of Rui's mates mouthing off on Twitter.

Seen us linked with Che Adams this morning, would you take him?

Absolutely. He's a slightly shorter version of Callum Wilson but very powerful and can drop deep like Raul does. Would be a cracking foil for either striker and a good sub to bring on.

The flailing has well and truly started. All the usual idiots with all the usual moans are popping up all over.

'Why ay we signed anyone yet?'
'Gerron with it FOSUN'
'Why we buying a defenda when we need a strika more'
'Look at who *insert rival club here* are buying'
'Why ay there any rumours?'
'Why dow we just get *insert player who recently had a good game against Wolves but is clearly unavailable/unsuited*'

Less of the black country dissing!

Newcastle appear that be on the verge of imploding. Who would you take? Schar would do well in our system I think, Lascelles would be another one

The flailing has well and truly started. All the usual idiots with all the usual moans are popping up all over.

'Why ay we signed anyone yet?'
'Gerron with it FOSUN'
'Why we buying a defenda when we need a strika more'
'Look at who *insert rival club here* are buying'
'Why ay there any rumours?'
'Why dow we just get *insert player who recently had a good game against Wolves but is clearly unavailable/unsuited*'

Less of the black country dissing!

With a Scottish accent, you'd think he'd take more care about taking the piss out of others.

With a Scottish accent, you'd think he'd take more care about taking the piss out of others.
Thing about a black country accent is that there's literally no worse accent in the UK. We can all make fun of you.

Thing about a black country accent is that there's literally no worse accent in the UK. We can all make fun of you.
Bristolian I think you'll find.

Or the Welsh/Scouse hybrid they have up Wrexham/Chester way.

Newcastle appear that be on the verge of imploding. Who would you take? Schar would do well in our system I think, Lascelles would be another one
Schar yes, Lascelles is more of a head it and kick it merchant so not for us.

I'd say our chances of getting Rondon have improved although for the same money I'd rather had Adams, but wouldn't be averse to both

Schar yes, Lascelles is more of a head it and kick it merchant so not for us.

I'd say our chances of getting Rondon have improved although for the same money I'd rather had Adams, but wouldn't be averse to both

Good point about Adams, we could potentially do some player swapping if the rumours are to be believed too.

Plenty of links - us, Spurs and Celta Vigo - to Robert Skov (Copenhagen) on Twitter today

Benitez is leaving, any chance of some sneaky bids for rondon/perez? I like dubravka too

Rondon isn't a NUFC player and Dubravka isn't better than Rui. Perez would be an expensive back up to Jota.

Can't wait to hear your thick Midlands accent when I see you in a month or so, now you've been down here a little while!

Schar is alright but Lascelles is a donkey.

I don't think there's any problem with what Glasgow said. It would have been nice to have a new player in already, but no one know's what we're up to behind closed doors. I suspect Nuno will be playing a lot of the youth and fringe players in the Euro qualifiers (and China), so I don't think they're rushing things through for that. You never know, someone might play their way in to his thinking for next season which would be no bad thing.

I reckon we'll start getting some solid links this week, though. Just a gut feeling.

We've signed Dendoncker, remember Timbo spent months insisting we hadn't bought him yet. Well we have now!

And we've signed Jiminez.

To be honest, after the last 2 summer transfer windows, I am PHENOMENALLY relaxed about this window. Fosun have shown they're good shoppers. They've sufficient credit for everyone to chill a bit.

Back