• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Kilman, Saiss and Bennet assuming Bennet is replaced.

Ok, we play away in the Ukraine on a Thursday night and decide we need to rotate our back 3 for the weekend afterwards. Who are the 6 to play in the back 3?
Boly
Coady
Bennett
Saïss
Dendoncker
Kilman

That's our 6 right now, you can almost guarantee that we'll be looking to sign at least 1 more on top of that and Conor Coady is bionic so there's no need to rest him.

Hause is probably better than Kilman, that's about it.

Our CBs don’t ever do any running really, so fatigue is never really an issue. That’s why they play pretty much every game.

Yes the travelling is more of an issue, but the whole squad will be travelling anyway whether they are starting or not. Plus it’s not like they will be travelling economy easyJet.

Nuno clearly rates Kilman, I'm looking forward to seeing more of him next season. hoping for at least double what we saw last season :)

Ok, we play away in the Ukraine on a Thursday night and decide we need to rotate our back 3 for the weekend afterwards. Who are the 6 to play in the back 3?

Come back to me after the window closes.

We played Miranda and Batth ahead of Hause. Tells you absolutely fucking everything you need to know.

Boly
Coady
Bennett
Saïss
Dendoncker
Kilman

That's our 6 right now, you can almost guarantee that we'll be looking to sign at least 1 more on top of that and Conor Coady is bionic so there's no need to rest him.

Agreed but Saiss and Dendocker are playing in midfield in this rotation. Look at what Arsenal and Chelsea did this season 9+ changes for EL games in the early stages

Boly
Coady
Bennett
Saïss
Dendoncker
Kilman

Rodders is back for now too...

Come back to me after the window closes.

We played Miranda and Batth ahead of Hause. Tells you absolutely fucking everything you need to know.
Yes, but I got ridiculed when I said Miranda will play in the EL this season. I'm not saying we shouldn't have sold him, £3m is about right. Just that I think if he were here this season he'd have had time on the pitch. Plus Willy wasn't out when Hause was available so the Batth, Miranda comparison isn't a fair one.

It's fair enough in my eyes.

What you really need to consider is this. The club have flogged him off for the princely sum of three million quid. He is hardly Franco Baresi.

Doesn't seemed have fitted the style under Nuno. Clearly got talent and potential. But 3million for a player you don't plan to use or seemingly want is good business.

Being behind Miranda (who I think gets a ridiculously harsh rap from some) and Batth (who was club captain at the time) is hardly the most damning indictment in the world, IMO.

Personally think 3m is a little cheap for Kortney but equally his value wasn't likely to increase with us. Fair move for everyone.

Amadou Diawara has reportedly ‘rejected’ an opportunity to join Wolves as he is still waiting for a potential offer from Roma. [Sky Sports Italia]

Would Roma be in for him if he isn't already getting a game elsewhere? Love Serie A but my knowledge has fallen off a cliff with it leaving BT Sport.

Biggest winner has to be Hause. Likely to get a fair amount of game time and be in the matchday 18 for Villa.

He was a bit unlucky here, in being behind Boly, who has been undroppable since he came in.
Personally have always felt Hause has something to offer, but risked stifling his career by staying here too long. I'm surprised he has stayed as long as he has tbh, without kicking up any kind of stink regarding not playing (as far as I am aware).
Smith is a decent manager, and will develop him.
I'm not too petty to wish him well with his move. He needs to be playing for the benefit of his career.

I think Villa have a decent bargain - £3m for someone who could have 6-8 years ahead of them. Not bad.
We've realised £3m for someone who has hardly played for us for a couple of years.

BTW, whats with the apparent online panic that Rondon might not happen. Seems very odd. Fairly sure the club won;t only have one iron in the fire?

BTW, whats with the apparent online panic that Rondon might not happen. Seems very odd. Fairly sure the club won;t only have one iron in the fire?
People flap about every single day we don't sign someone. Happens every year.

Ah! Will go back to scratching my head and not fully understanding human nature :)

I would like to see us sign someone sooner rather than later, but that's out of boredom as much as anything else. It's been a very quiet summer so far.

Back