• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

And that's the thing, he probably is good enough - at this level, at least, if not necessarily quite in front of Jonny or Doc here at the moment. So I wouldn't blame him for believing in himself, he's on a pretty steep upwards curve at the moment when you factor in his international experiences as well.

It's one of those 'good' problems to have but still takes a bit of nous to manage properly. He does need to be playing more if he's going to develop like he should.

There will be more games next year - so would hope that he gets a decent number of opportunities. Plus Jonny can play both sides so can cover Doherty if we need to

The club wouldn't let him, they know full well what they have on their hands with Ruben Jr.

Here is a rumour I think has been created to annoy the fook out of Deutsch
Wolves are set to make a £40m bid for Real Betis midfielder William Carvalho. It seems that interest from West Ham has petered out and the Portuguese engine will choose to link up with his national team mates Patricio, Costa, Neves, Jota and Moutinho

Wouldn't pay 40m Zimbabwean dollars for him. The pace of Seyi and workrate of Jamie Essex combined with the technique of Dave Edwards.

I hope we don't buy him as I'd spend each match getting my entertainment watching Deutsch lose his shit. I'd rather watch th football, like.

Hause to Villa is apparently done and being announced later today.

In other news, Neves has followed Diego Reyes on Instagram, so of course that now means we're signing him.

I see there’s a few ‘new signing imminent’ and ‘big news coming soon’ tweets floating around from - probably - bullshitters looking for attention.

Hause to Villa is apparently done and being announced later today.

This has now been confirmed by Villa.

We can confirm that we have taken up the option to permanently transfer Kortney Hause from Wolves.

The 23-year-old, who has represented England at Under-20 and Under-21 level, becomes the club’s third signing since winning promotion to the Premier League.

#OurHause #AVFC

Normally I would say "good luck", but as he's gone to a local rival and they're in the same league as us, I won't.

Still think there's a good player in there somewhere but we've moved on.

Normally I would say "good luck", but as he's gone to a local rival and they're in the same league as us, I won't.

giphy.gif

If he focusses on just being a solid central defender instead of pretending he's some kind of elegant libero then they'll have a good signing. He won't get away with his lapses in concentration and stupid decisions for long in the Premier League.

If he focusses on just being a solid central defender instead of pretending he's some kind of elegant libero then they'll have a good signing. He won't get away with his lapses in concentration and stupid decisions for long in the Premier League.

A lot of their fans want him to be their first choice LB, mainly as they hate Neil Taylor.

Now that is never ever going to work.

Oh he is. But Kortney Hause is not the answer at LB in any halfway decent Championship team, let alone the Premier League. Unless you plan on deploying Pulis-esque tactics where your full backs never cross the halfway line and are selected on the basis that they're over 6 foot tall, even then I'd be very dubious.

We stopped playing him there, even when we had 18 whole months of having no actual first team left back.

“Newcastle and West Brom are tracking £7m rated Wolves defender Conor Coady”. Source; SSN.

:icon_lol:

“Newcastle and West Brom are tracking £7m rated Wolves defender Conor Coady”. Source; SSN.

:icon_lol:

Did they miss a "0" off the end :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Why would Albion be tracking him?

"Conor, fancy swapping being captain of a team that finished 7th and will be playing in Europe next season for the Championship?"

Back