• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

In 2017 that fee would be around £6.5m more than most fans would have hoped to get for Coady
By October 2017 when this story was published (by TEAMtalk FFS) it'd be about £6.5M less.

Oh he is. But Kortney Hause is not the answer at LB in any halfway decent Championship team, let alone the Premier League. Unless you plan on deploying Pulis-esque tactics where your full backs never cross the halfway line and are selected on the basis that they're over 6 foot tall, even then I'd be very dubious.

We stopped playing him there, even when we had 18 whole months of having no actual first team left back.

Absolutely. He’s not a LB.

I’m not really sure what Villa are doing. He couldn’t get in there team last year so not entirely sure why they’ve signed him. They apparently have all this money yet their targets are a little uninspiring

He was in and doing well (after a shaky first few appearances) then picked up a hip injury

As of this moment in time he's their first choice centre half.

A lot of their fans want him to be their first choice LB, mainly as they hate Neil Taylor.

Now that is never ever going to work.

A few tweets about the signing...

@steveatkins1969: Welcome home

@chrsmo: Very, very good signing IMO. £3m is a steal aswell. He has a lot of talent and i do believe we have a potential gem on our hand here. Welcome back Kortney!

@NickRedAV: Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!! Our Hause in the middle of defence

@SupersizedSam: Welcome back, #PowerHause.

@mrthompson81: Good, that’s two CBs in the squad.

@stringerkevin: Wolves have been robbed !!

@murdocke: Go on my Son, Now bring in the other one. YOU KNOW WHO

@stiggaroo: If it's for the 3m reported that's a right bargain, great addition to the squad

and my favourite...

@connormoore01: Announce prem title

:ursofunny:

He was in when Tuanazebe was injured. When Tuanzebe was fit he didn’t play. Yes he has an injury at some point but he wasn’t first choice.

Villa didn’t own either Mings or Tuanzebe, but at a higher level their defence is now weaker than it was the end of last season.

Now that they've signed Hause, Villa's defence now consists of Hause, Taylor and Elmohammady. Getting a cheap, young squad player in who (in their view) can cover multiple positions is a bit of a no brainer.

Plus he's been there for a few months already so by the end of this transfer window he'll probably end up being one of their longest serving players.

It's good bizz for us, and a decent shout for them. Everyone's a winner.

If they don't get Mings and Tuanzebe back though, their defence looks a LONG way short of survival standard.

Tuanzebe is a notch above your classic "ridiculously overhyped by Man Utd fans" youngster but I'm still far from convinced he's PL quality. Anyway it seems that United themselves are going to give him a go on the basis that he's not Phil Jones or Marcos Rojo.

We can't hang on to players like Hause forever. He's 24 next month and we haven't started him in a league game for two years. Was very unlikely to happen for him now we've moved on as a club. Potentially bad timing for him here, he left us on loan one week before Boly got sent off at City (in turn he was injured when Boly was injured in 2017/18). Quite possible he'd have been the man to fill in during that three game absence and could have made a small case for himself. But not to be.

Personally if I were starting a premier league campaign with my 3 choices at CB being Mings, Tuanzebe or Hause I'd be worried.

They have Chester too, though arguably he falls in that Dwight Gayle gap between the PL and the Champ.

They're going wild about Mings but he made no impact at all at Bournemouth. Was also bloody awful down here before Christmas before he limped off.

When we put the deal in place back in January, I doubt we thought we'd make Europe. Hindsight says he would probably have got some decent game time this season but that's not to be.

They have Chester too, though arguably he falls in that Dwight Gayle gap between the PL and the Champ.

They're going wild about Mings but he made no impact at all at Bournemouth. Was also bloody awful down here before Christmas before he limped off.

Chester is done, his knee is properly fucked

I think Mings is interesting, Bournemouth didn't play him in the middle of a 2 so nobody knows what he can offer at PL level in that position. He played left of a 3 against us and inevitably broke. He looked a Rolls Royce of a player at Villa in the Championship, IF he stays fit he could be a decent option for them

When we put the deal in place back in January, I doubt we thought we'd make Europe. Hindsight says he would probably have got some decent game time this season but that's not to be.

He wouldn't get any game time for us. He isn't good enough.

Chester is done, his knee is properly fucked
Yep, played through the pain early in the season when Bruce decided to loan out their only back up centre back on deadline day without replacing him and it's probably taken years off his career.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him retire.

He wouldn't get any game time for us. He isn't good enough.
Ok, we play away in the Ukraine on a Thursday night and decide we need to rotate our back 3 for the weekend afterwards. Who are the 6 to play in the back 3?

Villa fans talking about Mings reminds me of the way Wolves fans talked about Mancienne the season we got promoted from the Championship.

Killman, Dendoncker and the new CB we sign?

Back