• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Arsenal have supposedly only got a budget of £50m, so that'll be a lot of it gone

and currently plays for the french national team

>_>

<_<

on seb haller's instagram said he was leaving, then laughing emojis with a picture of his club med hotel

Definitely coming to Wolves if he's at club med.

TIL one of Saiss' middle names is Paul

Been linked with Diawara from Napoli again

Let's see if we get our annual sourceless link to Wallace from Lazio as well. Who still wouldn't get a work permit, same as he wouldn't have two years ago :icon_lol:

Talisca might fancy a move over here now too. I can't even remember where he is now, I think he left Besiktas.

Problem you always have at this time of year (especially with Twitter being to the fore, and indeed actual broadcasters using it as source material when it suits them) is that people believe anything.

Remember in January when we somehow got linked with Charlie Austin? You had some people (not so much on here) believing that Southampton were just going to release him on a free in the middle of the season so he was 'worth a gamble'. Despite the fact he is the exact opposite of any forward Nuno has ever used for Wolves, couldn't get in a team miles below us in the table and has done bugger all for years. And then you see that people have just misread a semi-ambiguous report anyway, they aren't ripping up years' worth of contract at their own expense, they're just happy to sell a fringe player who's starting to knock on a bit, if someone is daft enough to pay them. But forget logic, it spirals from there.

I do believe that Rondon is a credible link. Not much else so far. It shouldn't be hard to use common sense but apparently it is.

It's the ITK idiots on Twitter that get me. One yesterday
- I'm told on good authority that James Rodriguez is on his way to Wolves
- I'm told that James to Wolves is off. Personal terms not agreed

Ah, you can write off idiots like that though. James Rodriguez is almost certainly on in excess of a million pounds a month. That isn't happening.

It's when Sky or the locals print obvious fatuous rubbish, or more commonly now some utter shithouse website (Tribal Football, Calciomercato, HITC, whatever) gets treated as a good source. No they're not.

Linked to some guy called Edson Álvarez. Never heard of him but Mexican journos seem to think he's on his way to Wolves.

Right sided centre half by the look of it. 21.

Played a lot in midfield during the Clausura after spending most of the Apertura at CB.

Very similar to Dendoncker but doesn't run with quite the same... posture.

Back