• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Or clearing his desk.

Unlike Laurie, if they bin Kev it won't be until after the window closes. The club will be aware that sacking your head of the recruitment during a transfer window with 0 1st signings will send fans into a proper meltdown

Might be a shit reason to fly back, but his son's band are playing at the weekend.

Do we know for sure it was changed or just his planned visit? Guessing Jeff & Kev had a planned meeting with the Chairman. Outside of that, Kev has little purpose (Johnny will stop reading here..) on the trip. He isn't going to be used to promote the club or be part of the training.

It may well be that way. For me, Kevvy has popped out to chat the the big bosses and go - right, these are the possibles, these are their demands, these are the likely fees, can I have a sign off to proceed.

I can’t see they’d need to do that unless it was so big it would completely break the budget. They all know how much they have to spend and how they want to spend it

Precisely

(says the bloke dreaming of something fucking epically off the scale)

I can’t see they’d need to do that unless it was so big it would completely break the budget. They all know how much they have to spend and how they want to spend it

They meet with the Chairman a couple of times a year. Last summer Laurie, Jeff and Kev flew out during the pre-season to meet him so makes sense they were doing that again. I don't think it will be "Atletico want £80m for Lemar, can we do it" emergency get together .

The change to the wage growth FFP, could seriously have changed our options. Perhaps kev had to go over to explain why we are going to pay a fuck ton of wages out over our budget.

We should know our budget parameters and what we can go to. Unless its absolutely massive and it will blow everything away!!!!*

*or the owners are keen to understand developments first hand, using the trip over to china as an opportunity to meet members of the senior management.

FFS, can we just sign someone, the state of that last post. Be back onto the housing market in East Midlands at this rate

Unlike Laurie, if they bin Kev it won't be until after the window closes. The club will be aware that sacking your head of the recruitment during a transfer window with 0 1st signings will send fans into a proper meltdown

'Twas merely an effort at humour on my part but it does give me the chance to use:

tenor.gif

I think we will get a lot going on next week. We aren't going in with a great first XI and thinner than Twiggy behind that.

Perhaps if KT flies economy it'll make enough difference to get a deal over the line :icon_smile:

If anyone fancies a flutter on Lemar coming here, he's currently 9/1 to join us in this window on skybet

Back