• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Sports Mole first to say Talisca flying over today but the new they also said we are in for Stearman so I wouldn't believe everything they say. I think there will be a big signing over the weekend or Monday I'm hoping it is Talisca but we will have to wait and see. I need a drink to calm the excitement!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

thats the thing Frank, get back in the prem and get MONEY..Trev, you still happy with us being in the championship?

I'm sure Trev could be won over by the thought we may actually be able to compete in the Prem if we can get there.

What a pre-season. Hardly bought anyone and it's been the best ever! I just hope we can live up to the hype.

Sports Mole first to say Talisca flying over today but the new they also said we are in for Stearman so I wouldn't believe everything they say. I think there will be a big signing over the weekend or Monday I'm hoping it is Talisca but we will have to wait and see. I need a drink to calm the excitement!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Signing Helder Costa on loan is a big signing IMO. I'm shocked and happy that we're linked with £20m + rated players and when we eventually get promoted we'll be linked with bigger and better players! Exciting times ahead indeed.

I think its a silly amount of money to spend and would be suprised of it came off. Yes we have very rich owners but seriously 20 million on 1 player.

Its not needed, we just need a better manager ie Dyche, Howe etc who can build a team without spending a stupid amount of money.

Don't get me wrong I am buzzing about the takeover but I just do not understand the reason for keeping KJ even for continuity reasons.

Yeah, I still don't entirely understand why a guy who has already played in the CL would join a Championship club (even though we're ace!) over one that is going to be top half of the PL and likely challenging for the CL again. It doesn't seem realistic to me. Yet.

Unless he's a big fan of @RAWK Meltdown.

Edit: Also, that was not rhetorical. Happy for people to fire theories my way!

On the face of it would make a lot more sense at the moment for him to go to Liverpool, who are clearly interested. If he's coming here instead, he must have been given one hell of a sales pitch (or offered an insane salary).

I feel Liverpool aren't offering him a good deal and therefore we are being used to hike his wage offer up. Though I think Liverpool know this and are happy to lose him.

I think its a silly amount of money to spend and would be suprised of it came off. Yes we have very rich owners but seriously 20 million on 1 player.

Its not needed, we just need a better manager ie Dyche, Howe etc who can build a team without spending a stupid amount of money.

Don't get me wrong I am buzzing about the takeover but I just do not understand the reason for keeping KJ even for continuity reasons.

While I totally agree we need a better manager than Kenny and that £20m seems a ridiculous amount to spend on a player there are suddenly a lot of £10m+ players in this division, Sissoko, Mitrovic, Perez, Gayle, Shelvey, Brady, Amavi, Ayew. Money is crazy in the modern game but only if you don't have any, we do now :headbang:

It doesn't sit well with me being a 'money club' but we are, I believe most of the top 40 clubs in England will be before long with the World, especially China looking to invest heavily in English football. I say go with it, spend the cash, bring in the best players we can and try to get established in the Premiership before more clubs are taken over and the field starts to level off again.

Liverpool have ludicrous options in pure numbers terms to play as an attacking midfielder. Coutinho, Lallana, Firmino, Mane, Wijnaldum, Markovic, then the likes of Origi, Sturridge and Milner can play wide if need be.

He may feel that getting stuck in a queue is no good to him, in fact just to pick a name off there, look how Markovic's career has gone over the last two years since he signed up for such a situation (admittedly didn't help that Brodge signed him with no intention of ever playing with wingers).

From a career development point of view, Wolves are a better bet than Liverpool. Not getting a work permit or Liverpool not being interested anymore is more likely to be the reason. It's a good story that he might choose us over them though.

Rumours on Twitter tonight:
AVB being lined up
Adam Reach on loan

I hope we don't sign him personally. I posted the reasons why a couple of weeks ago

I'm not convinced Fosun were the ones who wanted Lope at all. I still think Li was another involved party with a competing offer for the club and Lope was his choice. That's why Lope chose Spain as soon as Fosun signed the deal for us. He hasn't told the media about Li likely out of respect for Li's privacy or because Li doesn't want it to look like he was outfoxed by Chinese rivals.

As for Shi claiming he knows Lope, it could be true either way, but more than anything I think it was a convenient way of telling KJ that his throne is well and truly on fire. What better way to tell someone indirectly that their job is under intense scrutiny than by floating the idea that there was some kind of agreement with a prospective replacement?

Was KJ given the day off today...?

Can't see these AVB rumours being true but then what do we know.

What does worry me though is the continued speculation over KJ. Don't really want it disrupting the season.

Think Fosun need to find a replacement QuickTime.

Sometimes i get snipets of info. usually take them with pinches of salt. Howeve i am being told that Jackett is to drop to number 2 for a transition period, with AVB taking over as manager.

Not promising or even suggesting i am ITK as most of my contacts at the club are long gone.

Not sure what to make of it TBH

Back