• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Would be career suicide if KJ dropped to number two for a new guy. Not sure many would take him very seriously if he did that.

Like you say, take it with a pinch of salt.

I thought AVB was a Baggie wind up based on the thread on the Mix?

I'm not convinced Fosun were the ones who wanted Lope at all. I still think Li was another involved party with a competing offer for the club and Lope was his choice. That's why Lope chose Spain as soon as Fosun signed the deal for us. He hasn't told the media about Li likely out of respect for Li's privacy or because Li doesn't want it to look like he was outfoxed by Chinese rivals.

As for Shi claiming he knows Lope, it could be true either way, but more than anything I think it was a convenient way of telling KJ that his throne is well and truly on fire. What better way to tell someone indirectly that their job is under intense scrutiny than by floating the idea that there was some kind of agreement with a prospective replacement?

Jeff Shi confirmed he had spoken to Julen about taking over.

There have been mild rumours basically coming from AVB and Mendes being close, but other than people pointing out that connection I've not seen anything else to suggest it - until that thread on the Mix, which, yeah, might be a wind-up, but a weird one at that. If they really wanted to take the piss they'd raise hopes of a truly unrealistic new manager - Ferguson out of retirement, that sort of thing. AVB's just on the edge of believable.

Marco Silva's had much more noise about him, but those rumours also said he turned us down a couple of days ago, so, who knows.

He's averaged a goal every 4 games or so, doesn't look great on paper.

He's on $800k a year at Benfica apparently.

Dollars or pounds Nando?

If it's dollars then we could double his wages and still be in the championship pay structure (around 25k). Either way it's a hell of a pay rise for him.

Dollars, mate.

Approximately £12.5k a week.

13902747_10207301973372998_86600512666429702_n.jpg

Someone one Twitter's taken a pic outside Molineux of what he claims is Mendes and a player, with photos being taken and so on. Very blurry though.

Solves the "two players in tracksuits" mystery from yesterday.

Image1.jpg

Back