• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

thats the thing Frank, get back in the prem and get MONEY..Trev, you still happy with us being in the championship?

I still don't get why if we are willing to spend this type of money Jackett still has the job. He must have seriously impressed Jeff Shi or Moxey hyped him up.

only reason for me we had the target, lost him to spain and didnt have a backup manager

Just got a sneaky feeling that Matt Doherty might struggle to hang on to his POTS trophy this season...

I still don't get why if we are willing to spend this type of money Jackett still has the job. He must have seriously impressed Jeff Shi or Moxey hyped him up.

Because it's not Ken blowing all our cash on his own personal recommendation of Conor Coady/Dave Edwards clones, and if it doesn't work out then all that money's been wasted and we have to start all over again. If he can't get results out of these players, someone else will.

The second we sack him (and I think it will happen this side of the clocks going back) we're going to have enormous interest in the job from all over Europe.

Fosun's first choice Lopetegui fell through and it takes time to court other managers and get the deal done.

Whilst I would have preferred Ken to go on the change of ownership can accept him being there for now (though would agree with Deutsch that he is on a very short leash)

He did well for the first 2 years and has handled himself well over the last couple of months as he must have been aware that something was up even if he wasn't given all of the details

Probably only has till the end of September & if it's not going well then he will be out.

Because it's not Ken blowing all our cash on his own personal recommendation of Conor Coady/Dave Edwards clones, and if it doesn't work out then all that money's been wasted and we have to start all over again. If he can't get results out of these players, someone else will.

The second we sack him (and I think it will happen this side of the clocks going back) we're going to have enormous interest in the job from all over Europe.

Exactly. If we do sign Talisca for €20m - or whatever - it will send a very clear signal to some seriously good managers that we're deadly serious. There'll be a flood of applications.

He says "I need a left back, a left winger, an attacking midfielder, a striker" and the club go out and get them for him. Simple as that really.

If Ken doesn't want to work with these players then he doesn't have any place at our club.

That is pretty much it. From the comments from Jeff - Arrived with a list of targets - Spoke with KJ twice with regards to the squad and what area needed urgent attention - list now shortened to players that fit into squad requirements.

At this moment in time, this is not the normal Foreign buy out. All seems to be a tad sensible (apart from the figures being thrown around that were apparently happy to pay)

Fosun's first choice Lopetegui fell through and it takes time to court other managers and get the deal done.

I think there is a lot of truth in this. Perhaps Jeff is looking elsewhere but wants something concrete before he says anything after losing Lopetegui.

Another question among all this amazing news:

Have Wolves got another manager lined up, and are just waiting to sort out all the technicalities?

Have Wolves got another manager lined up, and are just waiting to sort out all the technicalities?

Ooooh - Frank cuts to the chase! I reckon yes. KJ will be in power until the powers that be get their man, and points clear at the top would frankly make not a jot of difference.

I suspect as others have said that Jacket is filling a position until a deal can be done for someone else.

For all the talk, terrible PR for an incoming owner to say they don't really want the incumbent manager with no viable alternative.

I would suspect if not actively looking they are putting out the feelers.

All of this is truly amazing so far, it just doesn't seem like reality

Ooooh - Frank cuts to the chase! I reckon yes. KJ will be in power until the powers that be get their man, and points clear at the top would frankly make not a jot of difference.

If even Frank is talking about sacking the Manager then its an even more surreal start to the season :whistle:

Report is 3 days old.

It is but at the same time he was coming to us.

Even if he doesn't join being linked to a £17m player is a lot better than wondering if we should make a move for Leon Best (WBA are doing his bit)

Back