• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Isn't that the case with all players though? Sako was utter cack when it wasn't his day.

Yeah, although he got better as he went. First season was very hot and cold, but by his final, third season here was pretty much our only reliable source of creativity and attacking threat if players like Dicko or Afobe weren't having their best days. (Rare, too, though, and all three benefitted from playing as part of that attacking trio.)

Suppose I might as well put my two penny worth in about McClean then, as a footballer pre-Fosum I wouldnt have been too upset if he was on our rader, yes he is a bit of a one trick pony but he would have brought pace, energy, a bit of devilment, focus and intensity, all the things we were missing last season, but post-Fosun not a hope.

As a person he is the same as everyone else, its not all black and white, recently he made news when it leaked out that a family in the Creggan Estate were struggling to pay for their child's funeral and word reached McClean who despite not knowing the family contacted the Undertakers and paid for everything, that made the papers but speaking to people from Derry you hear numerous stories about his genourisity to his community and he is well thought off, but even before Sunderland signed him apparently he was an odd character, who was on a slightly different wavelength to people he grew up and played with at Derry City.

Aside from the poppy issue, he is definately a prick with regards to the way he carries on goading Norn Ireland fans on twitter constantly and turning his back on the flag etc, its almost as if he is trying too hard, he comes from the Creggan, I remember going there once a year in the 70s & 80s to see relations and you did feel like you were taking your life in your hands it was essentially a war-zone, but the first ceasefire was in 94 when McClean was 5 and things started improving immeasurably, he didnt have to suffer murders, shootings, bombings, riots, plastic bullets, interment etc which went on, all were before his time so why he needs to carry on the way he does is a mystery. If everyone in Northern Ireland had the same attitude as him then it would be a terrible place, there are high profile figures from Northern Ireland who grew up in the 70's & 80's when times were bad but never felt the need to strap themselves to one flag or the other, fortunately unlike McClean most people there saw things had to change and moved on, he is no different to the Orange boys he ridicules living in the past (although in McClean's case its somebody elses past. I am sure he sees himself as some sort of representative of Derry so acts the way he does but its completely misguided and it doesnt show him or where he is from in a good light.

Aside form that have we signed anyone yet?

Excellent piece...
nice to hear a side from Ireland.

It's good that Ireland has moved on, hopefully will stay peaceful.
My sister in law is from NI, My other Sister in Law's best friend is from NI, without going off piste too much, both are fearful since Brexit, I am hoping things do not return to the 70's and 80's too much blood shed on both sides.

Same as Sako then really.

Edit - As above.

Portuguese Footy Pod @PTFootyPodcast ·

If anyone is interested in knowing about Talisca. He's a decent midfielder when he's on his day, good at making 25+ yards passes & longshots.
He's still young and even though he hasn't lived up to his hyped he's still capable of turning his career around.
However he can be very frustrating so get ready Wolverhampton fans! If he's not on his day then he'll be useless..

Sounds like Doumbia

Ha, remember that 'Worried about Doumbia' thread we had were people were worried a champions league side was going to pinch him after he started on loan with us?

Always seems odd to see the players outside of my old school.

I wonder if they get sent to run around the oak tree if they play up like old Jock Gordon used to make us do...

Ha! The good old days.
I also remember when in a games lesson one of our team put mr richards onto crutches...

No need for Silvio or Pele to obtain work permits as they're both EU nationals.

If he keeps himself fit that's an amazing signing for this league. I'd still want us to go in for another full back though.

If he keeps himself fit that's an amazing signing for this league. I'd still want us to go in for another full back though.

Yep, a proper left back. Be nice to get a striker in too.

Push Iorfa and Hause inside as CB's and keep our POTS as back up for both FB positions. Costa's apparently training as well. Just Talisca and Cavaliero to go....

Costa confirmed to have signed on a year long loan.

Wolves also close to completing deal for Atletico Madrid defender Silvio, subject to Silvio formalising exit from the Spanish club.

Delighted with Costa, even if it is just for a season.

Tim mk 2 really does just make shit up doesn't he, Pele "exploring other options" in other words, "I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'm covering up for my last mistakes"

Where is this from? Want to read it as already feeling less jittery than this time yesterday. Shame about Pele as heard good things about him, who would we look to next do we think?

Well, to be fair he has lifted that straight from the official release, so hard to criticise him

Tim mk 2 really does just make shit up doesn't he, Pele "exploring other options" in other words, "I have no idea what I'm doing here but I'm covering up for my last mistakes"

The club have said they held talks with Pele but he has other options to consider and is unlikely to join.

Back