• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

WOW!! people can fuck about with wiki tho?

I know but I prefer it to Jackett talking about a friendly and an article about 'Euro star' Dave Edwards

There seems to be two different Wolves in existence at the moment, the fantasy Wolves and the mediocre one

I should think the calm on the official site is proof enough that something's happening. We've only had youth team reports since the Northampton game, with the exception of an interview with Gallen (not Jackett, interestingly). Not even a preview of the Swansea game beyond ticket info, let alone an interview with Jackett about it or possible transfer movement. And we haven't had an interview with a senior player about their thoughts for the upcoming season for *ages*, not since before the trip to Ireland - I'm amazed we haven't had a big post-Euro 2016 interview on there with Edwards, for example.

My guess is the social/website team has been beavering away on unveiling videos and features and the like for the last 48 hours.

As if by magic:

http://mobile.wolves.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/read-from-wales-to-wolves.....-3213293.aspx

Far too slow of me!!

Last edited:
Clearly I'm on the same wavelength as the OS's editor.

According to the Leicester fans I work with they are keeping Chilwell and getting rid of Schlupp.

I know we need a LB but I wouldn't want him. Can beat a man and has pace, but can't defend and when he does shoot he spanners them wide/over 90% of the time.

There will be a new signing paraded on Saturday I bet..

Been thinking this. Introduce new signings at the swansea game.

I think some may be worried after the alleged stories about the takeover being confirmed together with 5 new signings being announced thing.

Yeah, that was never going to happen, but you could see people getting frustrated across social media when the Monday press conference was just Shi and Moxey.

In other news, Sky Sports News supposedly just claimed we're looking into getting Stearman back...!

Yeah, that was never going to happen, but you could see people getting frustrated across social media when the Monday press conference was just Shi and Moxey.

In other news, Sky Sports News supposedly just claimed we're looking into getting Stearman back...!

Was just gonna post that...

Stears.jpg

I mean, if we can get him back for what we got for him, a million or so, then I would. Popular with the fans, better defender than Batth, and with Williamson looking crocked we need that older centre-back in there again.

We can do better now though surely? I would rather we play Hause than Stearman

A signing or three today would really perk up my weekend...

Hause and Stearman would be my preference. Would change the way we play out from the back so, so much not to have Danny Batth's long balls heading out of play in the opposition third.

Hoping a signing is announced today or tomorrow, the away tickets for Rotherham go on general sale tomorrow and I am going to try and get one, I missed last seasons game as they originally gave us a smaller allocation, however when I went in L1, our team of Ikeme, Golborne, Ricketts, Stearman, Batth, Price (Davis) Henry (Jacobs) Edwards, Sako, Doyle, Siguardsson (Griffith) is I'd argue, a better side than we would currently be putting out opening day this year. Anyone disagree?

Hoping a signing is announced today or tomorrow, the away tickets for Rotherham go on general sale tomorrow and I am going to try and get one, I missed last seasons game as they originally gave us a smaller allocation, however when I went in L1, our team of Ikeme, Golborne, Ricketts, Stearman, Batth, Price (Davis) Henry (Jacobs) Edwards, Sako, Doyle, Siguardsson (Griffith) is I'd argue, a better side than we would currently be putting out opening day this year. Anyone disagree?

Iorfa better at right-back than Ricketts, either Evans or Saville will be better than Edwards in a midfield two alongside Price, but otherwise, can't really argue...

The parallel universe continues. Stearman - didn't we sell him for "footballing reasons" a year ago? The sooner we sort out whether we're working to the Jackett/Thelwell list or the Mendes/Shi one the better. As Frank and BMB rightly state, the season is a week away, we've signed a back up goalie and we're in danger of wasting a very easy opening set of games. Plus the first team - if anyone knows who that is - have barely played any games pre-season...

Don't want Stearman, if there are concerns over Williamson going into the season we should be after a solid operator in the Harry Maguire mould.

Iorfa better at right-back than Ricketts, either Evans or Saville will be better than Edwards in a midfield two alongside Price, but otherwise, can't really argue...

Yeah Iorfa was the only real upgrade I considered, maybe Saville after his finish but he still has a long way to go. Obviously some activity blows that out the water, but currently we have rumours and your start start rumours in your starting eleven.

It's a bit like Mick all over again. Teams that go on to establish themselves after promotion in the Premier League do have a handful of regular starters from the Championship still, but mostly the team that gets you promoted becomes backup to a new, better first XI. We never did that in the PL - our main first XI was mostly the same by the time we got relegated as the one that won the Championship three years earlier.

So many of our players were stars in League One, and will be fine squad players for a team attempting promotion in this division, but you can't build a team around them now. James Henry and Dave Edwards aren't going to get you over the line.

Fosu-Mensah and Borthwick-Jackson told they can leave Utd, anyone be interested?

Massive mistake by Mourinho, I would have thought every other Premier league club would be in for the pair who were the only bright spots on United's poor season

Back