• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Of the countless players we are meant to be interested in, how many will actually sign. At this rate we will roll up at Rotherham United with the same team that finished last season.
Very pessimistic Frank. Should we create a 'Chinese Mafia' out banner?

They'll sign. I don't understand the fuss.

We will sign players when we and they ready. There's no rush imo, better to get the right players than just anyone.

Long as we have a decent LB and LW plus a striker in time for Rotherham I think we will be ok for the first few games. Big season for Evans and hopefully Dicko on the bench. If we then add to that over the coming weeks with a sprinkling of quality we can push top 6. I am not worried at all I think there will be a signing or 2 tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Clearly lined up but it takes days to get them, especially from Europe. Medicals take 2 days for starters.

And yet on transfer deadline day?...

I appreciate it may seem like me and Frank are being deliberate doom merchants but I think I've exhibited enough patience so far both recently and last season. This is all starting to feel a bit Bristol City last year, where targets seems to string out signing for them to attract attention elsewhere.

And yet on transfer deadline day?...

I appreciate it may seem like me and Frank are being deliberate doom merchants but I think I've exhibited enough patience so far both recently and last season. This is all starting to feel a bit Bristol City last year, where targets seems to string out signing for them to attract attention elsewhere.

By the same token all the indications were this takeover would happen, it took just over three weeks from the rumours starting to it going through and it happened, even though apparently every passing day was an indicator that it had all fallen through or it was all some wind-up where no-one could explain the endgame.

It would appear these players are on their way, this isn't a Bristol City situation where they're wildly bidding at random for players they have no chance of getting and it's the club making all the interest public to get fans whipped into a frenzy, these are Mendes clients, we know Mendes has connections here now, the deals will go through.

These new owners seem pretty tight lipped about everything so it's not suprising we aren't heating much about transfers.

I think there might be something in agents using Wolves to drum up interest in their players but ultimately I'd like us to buy the right players for us.

It's still very early days yet, I don't get all this clamouring to sign someone for the sake of it. Good times are ahead I'm sure, let's make sure we do it properly

New owners have been here less than a week. They came with a list of targets but until they had spoken with coach they didn't know what positions were a priority. 2 discussions were had and by Monday they knew which players to target. So 3 Days into talks with clubs and players and possible medicals...whilst it is pretty vital to our season that we bring in players I would suggest that after 3 Days of actively trying to sign players it's not yet time for panic or being impatient.

If we kick off the season with no new signings it will be a time to ask a few questions.

I should think the calm on the official site is proof enough that something's happening. We've only had youth team reports since the Northampton game, with the exception of an interview with Gallen (not Jackett, interestingly). Not even a preview of the Swansea game beyond ticket info, let alone an interview with Jackett about it or possible transfer movement. And we haven't had an interview with a senior player about their thoughts for the upcoming season for *ages*, not since before the trip to Ireland - I'm amazed we haven't had a big post-Euro 2016 interview on there with Edwards, for example.

My guess is the social/website team has been beavering away on unveiling videos and features and the like for the last 48 hours.

He's not. He's an Irish Catholic who grew up in Derry (on the estate where a number of people who died on Bloody Sunday came from). He refuses to wear a poppy on his shirt on Remembrance Day because of the connections to the British Army. He's well within his rights to do so IMO.

Putting this aside which isn't an issue, isn't there plenty of shitty things he's done which shows a bad attitude.

Putting this aside which isn't an issue, isn't there plenty of shitty things he's done which shows a bad attitude.

Suppose I might as well put my two penny worth in about McClean then, as a footballer pre-Fosum I wouldnt have been too upset if he was on our rader, yes he is a bit of a one trick pony but he would have brought pace, energy, a bit of devilment, focus and intensity, all the things we were missing last season, but post-Fosun not a hope.

As a person he is the same as everyone else, its not all black and white, recently he made news when it leaked out that a family in the Creggan Estate were struggling to pay for their child's funeral and word reached McClean who despite not knowing the family contacted the Undertakers and paid for everything, that made the papers but speaking to people from Derry you hear numerous stories about his genourisity to his community and he is well thought off, but even before Sunderland signed him apparently he was an odd character, who was on a slightly different wavelength to people he grew up and played with at Derry City.

Aside from the poppy issue, he is definately a prick with regards to the way he carries on goading Norn Ireland fans on twitter constantly and turning his back on the flag etc, its almost as if he is trying too hard, he comes from the Creggan, I remember going there once a year in the 70s & 80s to see relations and you did feel like you were taking your life in your hands it was essentially a war-zone, but the first ceasefire was in 94 when McClean was 5 and things started improving immeasurably, he didnt have to suffer murders, shootings, bombings, riots, plastic bullets, interment etc which went on, all were before his time so why he needs to carry on the way he does is a mystery. If everyone in Northern Ireland had the same attitude as him then it would be a terrible place, there are high profile figures from Northern Ireland who grew up in the 70's & 80's when times were bad but never felt the need to strap themselves to one flag or the other, fortunately unlike McClean most people there saw things had to change and moved on, he is no different to the Orange boys he ridicules living in the past (although in McClean's case its somebody elses past. I am sure he sees himself as some sort of representative of Derry so acts the way he does but its completely misguided and it doesnt show him or where he is from in a good light.

Aside form that have we signed anyone yet?

I'd play Ennis, nothing to lose and he looks a proper talent.

I should think the calm on the official site is proof enough that something's happening. We've only had youth team reports since the Northampton game, with the exception of an interview with Gallen (not Jackett, interestingly). Not even a preview of the Swansea game beyond ticket info, let alone an interview with Jackett about it or possible transfer movement. And we haven't had an interview with a senior player about their thoughts for the upcoming season for *ages*, not since before the trip to Ireland - I'm amazed we haven't had a big post-Euro 2016 interview on there with Edwards, for example.

My guess is the social/website team has been beavering away on unveiling videos and features and the like for the last 48 hours.

lol ignore me, first thing this morning is a whole thing on there from Jackett about the Swansea game.

Back