• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Any profit Fosun make on transfer fees would be a pittance to them.

Any profit Fosun make on transfer fees would be a pittance to them.

The real money Fosun want is the 10000000million u get from winning the PL and CL :) anyway i cant believe we are moaning about an agent, i dont mind him bring in new young talent into our ranks it would be a freshing thing and some will be flops but Sako was considered a flop the first season he was here and he soon got alot better and most of us would have him back in a heart beat.

Just put it this way, would you rather Jackett or Thelwell looking at players ? i wouldnt based on what we have seen all be it at a lower budget (Holt/Clarke).

I for one dont care who we bring in cuz at the moment anyone of them will walk into the starting 11 imo and its refreshing being linked with "high profile" players for once makes u look forward to the season even more

And the benefit to QPR of that was?

I thought the snag in the Liverpool side was the work permit. Less likely to play the games to bypass the lack of international appearances at Liverpool, were as presume he would be a regular here.
None, but that's football. Some signings pan out, others don't. It's their own fault for mismanaging the situation afterward.

That's all dependent on Fosun's motives for owning the club, if they truly do want to get into the world of sports and want Wolves to be the very best team/club they can be then you would expect them not to tolerate any such failures and look elsewhere from Mendes if that happens. They are however an investment firm, so what if their primary motive is financial? Would it be possible for them to peddle Mendes' clients around and make a tidy profit on transfers? It seems that's what he used to do via 3rd party ownership, move his players where they made money rather than where was best for them in footballing terms.

As Fosun own part of Mendes' company, they clearly have some interest in him making a profit on transfers. I don't remember seeing what percentage they own but it must be a minority holding. (It would have been reported as a takeover otherwise).

It doesn't necessarily mean that they are trying to "get rich" via Mendes, it may be a typical Asian strategic holding to cement a relationship between Fosun and Mendes.

Kind of enjoying being kept in the dark. There's so much bullshit being spewed. We will have a brand new squad before the window shuts and hopefully we just keep waking up to a new surprise every day until then. Wonderful times, gents.

As Fosun own part of Mendes' company, they clearly have some interest in him making a profit on transfers. I don't remember seeing what percentage they own but it must be a minority holding. (It would have been reported as a takeover otherwise).

It doesn't necessarily mean that they are trying to "get rich" via Mendes, it may be a typical Asian strategic holding to cement a relationship between Fosun and Mendes.

To the best of my knowledge they own 5% of Mendes' company - and you're exactly right.Typical Asian "we want to work with you long term" strategic/goodwill holding

I really think Kenny is the weak link, in all of this. I think you need a decent well known manager in place to entice the best signings and to demonstrate you are serious about your footballing project. Any player that comes to an interview will know, that Kenny is only there, because Lopetegui had second thoughts. He was a dead man walking
A player like Pritchard for example, that Newcastle are after, too. Benitez will have much more pull than Kenny. It is no disrespect to Kenny, but he is completely the wrong man to have as our manager, in our new situation. It was bad enough keeping him, as things were, but in our new situation, it does not make sense.

Fosun have to be aware of the situation with KJ. They can't have looked at 15 clubs and failed to be aware of the dross Wolves were serving up last year. Seems inconceivable to me that negotiations aren't quietly taking place with another manager.

Fosun have to be aware of the situation with KJ. They can't have looked at 15 clubs and failed to be aware of the dross Wolves were serving up last year. Seems inconceivable to me that negotiations aren't quietly taking place with another manager.

This 100%

Hope you are right Norman. Given they missed out on their main target I hope they take their time and get the right man rather than rush. Kenny just doesn't have the capability to take us any further I could see him leaving Talisca on the bench for diamond Dave.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Hope you are right Norman. Given they missed out on their main target I hope they take their time and get the right man rather than rush. Kenny just doesn't have the capability to take us any further I could see him leaving Talisca on the bench for diamond Dave.

Hypothetical of course because I still don't believe its happening but if we signed Talisca I could see Ken playing him on the left wing. He's one of those kind of in between midfielders that (at Benfica's level) isn't quite attacking enough to be a 10 and not quite good enough defensively to be a DM. At Championship level any sane manager would just put him behind the striker and let his absurd quality take over, Ken will look at him and think, 'left footed. Not powerful enough to play centrally. Winger.'

Sadly I think you might be right although again he's probably not coming. Hopefully the other 3 will be announced today Guess and Star saying there's been a hold up.

I think that people are getting over nervous about this Mendes connection. Chinese businesses want long term relationships,so this must work for both parties.
I'm taking Fosun at face value and trying to remain calm and patient. If Kenny does get a go for the short term then he has the biggest second chance he will ever get.
Everything is in the air but these guys mean business and if success is not coming they will change things. I think their stratedgy is a squad half ready for prem get promoted and get good premier class to weed out the the players stuck at this level. Some of our current lads will step up.
We gotta be patient.

Sadly I think you might be right although again he's probably not coming. Hopefully the other 3 will be announced today Guess and Star saying there's been a hold up.

They jumped the gun as usual...Medicals over two days, announce (all being well) on the third day so today could be the day if they really were here for medicals on Tuesday

They jumped the gun as usual...Medicals over two days, announce (all being well) on the third day so today could be the day if they really were here for medicals on Tuesday

But if they were here on Tuesday where were they staying? Are you telling me that TWF doesn't have a network of highly paid informants in the city's 5* hotels?

But if they were here on Tuesday where were they staying? Are you telling me that TWF doesn't have a network of highly paid informants in the city's 5* hotels?

The deal's off. Talisca is staying at the Brittania but they wont give him a room with a scenic view of the bus station so he's flown back to Lisbon.

The deal's off. Talisca is staying at the Brittania but they wont give him a room with a scenic view of the bus station so he's flown back to Lisbon.

They did at least try to keep him happy by giving him the room with the radiator that stays on, full blast making the room feel nice and warm, like good old Portugal

Hypothetical of course because I still don't believe its happening but if we signed Talisca I could see Ken playing him on the left wing. He's one of those kind of in between midfielders that (at Benfica's level) isn't quite attacking enough to be a 10 and not quite good enough defensively to be a DM. At Championship level any sane manager would just put him behind the striker and let his absurd quality take over, Ken will look at him and think, 'left footed. Not powerful enough to play centrally. Winger.'

Sounds like Dave Jones and a certain other Portuguese player we had once.

Back