• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Surely - to make it a bit mundane - it's just like working in any office/organisation? I earn more than some people in my office, and others earn more than me. I don't really look at them any differently.

I think a player earning more than others destroying team spirit is overplayed a bit anyway. Not saying it doesn't happen but in general players understand that others will earn more based on a whole host of different criteria, experience, previous club etc. It's just the nature of football, and if you were scared of that every time you considered signing a player you'd never improve your team significantly enough to do anything in the grand scheme of things.

If they've got any ambition at all they should be seeing it as an opportunity as well. We're not going to buy a whole new matchday squad between now and the transfer window shutting, there will be game time for players like Dicko, Graham, Iorfa, Hause, Price etc. If they prove themselves alongside the new guys they could earn a contract just as large as the new signings.

Given the choice then I would rather we built a squad of talented, up and coming British players for smaller transfer fees. Having said that, if all of these rumours are true, then it will at least be exciting even if it all goes horribly wrong! If we do buy ourselves into Europe (I still refuse to believe this could happen!) I doubt I will be complaining about it.

I hope Connor Coady's confidence is being considered in all of this though.

If the owners are willing to spend £15-20m on one player then it's up to them. It just shows that they aren't messing around. That brings it's own pressure on the manager but thems the breaks at that level of investment.

Buying a Championship club to get around the work permit rules and accepting a season or two of bankrolling it until the PL money comes in could be quite a canny move.

The downside is that if Li gets bored and wants out a few years down the road, it'd leave us in a more dire situation than even Portsmouth were a few years back.

It depends though. Will he want to push on beyond our previous ambitions of just about staying in the top flight? I am pretty confident he will. And then the new telly deal really should mean doing a Portsmouth becomes less likely. Not impossible, but definitely less likely. They simply spent money they didn't have. We wouldn't be.

Wolves set to beat Liverpool to £21m rated Talisca. Pinch me.

I believe there's a link doing the rounds on Facebook of the initial post and it's a wolves fan who's made it up to see how far it would go and now it's in the Nationals all of his mates are congratulating him. One big dick waving exercise.

Although, like always, you never know.

I believe there's a link doing the rounds on Facebook of the initial post and it's a wolves fan who's made it up to see how far it would go and now it's in the Nationals all of his mates are congratulating him. One big dick waving exercise.

Although, like always, you never know.

Was it Deutsch?

I do get this argument but what team spirit are we likely to be destroying here?

The team spirit of a team that limped it's way to a disappointing 14th place finish? Replace those that aren't good enough, I doubt we are going to spend £200m. The majority of signings will be at the £3-5m level but if we have the opportunity to acquire somebody of outstanding ability then we should go for it.

We are not trying to go QPR on overpaid has been, this lad is 21-22 and will likely bring in more when we inevitably sell him to a Champions League club in a few years time.

Not that I believe for one second that there's anything in us being in for Talisca but this post is absolutely bang on.

This is the most bizarre rumour I've ever heard.
It's like someone saying there's a months waiting list for a Porsche 911, so I'll get a Hyundai Getz instead.

This story is the best bit of bullshit I have ever heard. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLZ

There was a lot of annoyance at fulham spending £10mill on mcormack, and how it skewed the market etc.
I'd be uncomfortable with us being this years fulham engaging in such behaviour to be honest.

There was a lot of annoyance at fulham spending £10mill on mcormack, and how it skewed the market etc.
I'd be uncomfortable with us being this years fulham engaging in such behaviour to be honest.

If in a year's time, we're still mid-table rubbish, I'll agree. But if we've won the league with a month to spare, I won't give a monkeys.

Back