• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Couple of forwards. A kid from France and another from Belgium I think

I'm not convinced yet that Palace or anyone else for that matter have shown any serious interest, having said that, anything upwards of 10/12 million has to be considered.
Like it or not, we are more of a selling Club than a buying Club at this moment in time.

Couple of forwards. A kid from France and another from Belgium I think
According to a Belgian site we have made a bid for the Anderlecht player. Doubt we'll get him but I think he's do well in the Championship.

There's that Greek LB we apparently had over here to look at as well. It was on the E&S website anyway.

I bet we don't get half that if they both go. Confidence in our transfer team is not good
One of things Jez has going for him was been his ability to get decent money for our big players...until January where he accepted the first bid to hit the fax machine. Jez of old would have added a few million to the Afobe deal.

Don't think the deal for Afobe was that bad, they offered the money, he wanted to go.
As for Iorfa and Hause, no-one is irreplaceable but Ideally would like both to stay for at least another season

The deal for Afobe was abysmal on every level.

I think £10m for Afobe was about right, based on less than a full season in the Championship (Andre Gray went for 9 with similar experience). What was weird is we appeared to neither negotiate the deal upwards nor leak it to try and force a bidding war.

The timing depends on whose side of the story you believe, which on this occasion for me it's Moxey, although throwing Afobe under the bus afterwards was unsavory and in my view unnecessary.

The spending of all the allocated fee on a forward the manager appeared to not want or at least not play was just bizarre

The deal for Afobe was abysmal on every level.

It was for the team and I wonder if the recruitment team would get even a single penny of the transfers for Hause and Iorfa. If Jez is trying to sell the club then Morgan will want to make his asset as cash rich as he can so he can get the biggest multiple for it. If that's 10m of Afobe money and 15m of other money's along with a shrinking wage liability that puts the seller in a very strong position. New owners won't have to put their own cash in as reserves and they will have a war chest of club funds to play with.

Agree at least £10m after Mings skewed valuations last season. On the case of Hause I'd say £3-5m given his international status.

I'd hope they'd loan Hause back to us for another years development if he were to go.

I thought we didn't want to be loaning players we had no chance of buying?

Although that might have changed with the whole ownership thing.

I thought we didn't want to be loaning players we had no chance of buying?

Although that might have changed with the whole ownership thing.

Was there any chance of us signing Ojo or Martinez? That rhetoric was long since buried IMO.

Agree at least £10m after Mings skewed valuations last season. On the case of Hause I'd say £3-5m given his international status.

I'd hope they'd loan Hause back to us for another years development if he were to go.

Mings, with less league appearances and no U21 caps was worth £8-9m a year ago.

A new larger sky deal is coming into force in August so surely both of our guys are with £12m each

That looks like something I used to do on Vital football.......i.e - make up shit rumours.

That said, if the Hammers are interested then the price is £20m.

Spiers says we're bidding £2.3m for Sylla.

Spiers says we're bidding £2.3m for Sylla.

Digging a bit deeper on this and it is a twitter account claiming Sylla' entourage have been in touch with Wolves and have agreed a fee. Sounds like an agent forcing the price up on his asset and I can't imagine Wolves allowing that sort of information into the public domain.

Back