• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2016 Window Thread

Even if you like Anichebe's game other than his ability to score, as a striker you still have to have a certain goalscoring pedigree.

24 goals in 186 games is absolutely shocking.

Comparable with Doyle and 30 in 164

I wouldn't object to abichebe - I think he'd do ok at championship level. Look at Cameron jerome, awful at premiership level but great at ours. He'd have the potential to have a real impact.

Mikel Arteta- could he do a job? Wages too high probably? Gabriel Obertan? Blows hot and cold but very capable at Championship level and Anichebe does give the presence that Jacket wants. I think that we will do any business on the cheap while the owner issue is up in the air. Ben Turner from Cardiff? Still only 28 and 6ft 4.
Mirco Antenucci at 31 a free agent but not prolific and probably no better than Mason.

Not saying I like any of these but tryi9ng to shoe horn whats available into what we need at a price that may be right!

Arteta has retired.

Not really interested in any of the others (bar Anichebe who as previously discussed would be decent IMO but can't stay fit), Obertan is awful, we don't need a centre half less still one who's always injured and Antenucci is average at best with no improvement in him.

Trouble is, if we're not gunna spend any money, we're not gunna attract decent players. Clubs tend to feel they need to get new bodies in even if they're no better than what they already have, personally I prefer to use what we have and try to bring our youngsters through rather than buy average players just for the sake of it.........only problem is, some fans will be apoplectic if don't make some signings.

A career left back, a goalkeeper, a striker and a left sided winger have to be priority. I don't care what the cost is, as I don't judge a player based on that.

We won't get anything imo.

Dicko, graham and Williamson will be touted as the returning saviours. If we sell Iorfa we might blow a bit of cash on another substandard striker I suppose.

If Williamson actually gets fit enough to play a game. We signed him in January and he has not kicked a ball in anger since then.

I hear Darlo has lost a bit of weight, he might be in line for a run out at left wing. He had trials at a few big clubs as a kid as well so not a bad footballer.

Aiki as our target man for Mason to play off, Paddy as the new Matt Murray and Parkin to roll back the years and turn out at left back.

I hear Darlo has lost a bit of weight, he might be in line for a run out at left wing. He had trials at a few big clubs as a kid as well so not a bad footballer.

Aiki as our target man for Mason to play off, Paddy as the new Matt Murray and Parkin to roll back the years and turn out at left back.

Would have to be a fecking lot of years rolled back then :icon_biggrin:

I am sorry I would have to contest the goalkeepers position with Paddy.

Mikel Arteta- could he do a job? Wages too high probably? Gabriel Obertan? Blows hot and cold but very capable at Championship level and Anichebe does give the presence that Jacket wants. I think that we will do any business on the cheap while the owner issue is up in the air. Ben Turner from Cardiff? Still only 28 and 6ft 4.
Mirco Antenucci at 31 a free agent but not prolific and probably no better than Mason.

Not saying I like any of these but tryi9ng to shoe horn whats available into what we need at a price that may be right!

Urggh! Justice for Millijas! I hate Arteta!

I'd do a better job than Grant Holt!

From Tim mk2:

Wolves believed to be on the verge of signing French forward Nathaël Julan (aged 19, 6ft 4in) from Le Harve. Either free or nominal fee.

Yay, another big Centre Forward.

I'd imagine he's one for the development squad as it seems he only managed 22 minutes spread across 3 games in Ligue 2 last season.

Back